Five

That night, after I got home from driving Niall home, I decided to get on Tumblr, scrolling through picture after picture.

I was about to reblog this seriously cute picture of Misha Collins when I heard my phone buzz. I picked it up, my eyes widening when I realized it was that same number that's been harassing me for weeks.

Well who else would it be, I thought to myself, nobody but dad texts you.

I tried to ignore it, I truly did, but my eyes still caught some of the mean words the text contained. I turned my phone over, but it was too late, as my eyes started to fill with tears.

I put my laptop onto my nightstand and turned off the lamp, lying in the complete darkness. I tried to hold back my tears, but I wasn't strong enough to stop a few from escaping.

I hadn't told Liam, or even Dad about these texts, because I needed to deal with this on my own.

I'm 18; I should be able to take a couple rude comments.

But I couldn't.

--------------------

A week later, I sat down in the familiar chair, across from Liam's. Like always, he grabbed his clipboard, sat down, and asked how things were going.

"Good!" I smiled.

It was true, things were going okay. I'm doing well in my classes, and haven't had nightmares in weeks.

But why did I feel like I was lying?

"So Harper, Niall told me earlier that you drove him home last week?" Liam raised his eyebrows.

"Uh, yeah, I did. He was all sad and stuff, and I wanted to talk to him."

Liam smiled once again. "And I'm glad you did. Niall looked so happy when he brought you up."

I was genuinely surprised. "He did?"

Liam nodded. "You're the first person besides me that has reached out to him."

"Yeah, he mentioned last week how he didn't have any friends."

Liam, once again, raised his eyebrows. "And does that remind you of anyone?"

I rolled my eyes. "Unlike Niall, I'm happy to stay friendless at the moment."

He frowned. "Harper, that's not right. I know you are moving out soon, but friends are what keeps a person sane."

I looked at my feet. "I'm perfectly fine how I am."

Liam sighed. "Fine. But can you promise me something?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Depends on what it is."

"Promise me that if you find an opportunity to make a friend, you won't push it away," Liam said.

"Sure," I shrugged. It's not like I would ever be in that situation anyways.

As soon as I thought that, Niall popped up into my head.

------------------

At home that night, I finished my dinner and put my plate in the sink. Right Before I was about to walk off, Dad called me back. He motioned for me to sit back down in the seat across from him.

"Harper... How's your insomnia been?" He asked, studying my face.

"It's been... Okay, I guess," I answered.

"Have you told Liam about it?"

I shook my head no. "I will, but it just never comes up."

He sighed and rubbed his face. "Harps, do you ever think about, I don't know, waiting a little bit to go to college?"

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Will you be okay, all by yourself?" He asked.

"Of course, Dad."

"Harper, I think maybe you should wait a year. Just until we can get your insomnia under control." Dad said.

"This way, you can keep seeing Liam for a little while longer," He continued.

I sighed, knowing he was probably right.

"I'll think about it," I promised him.

---------------------

The texts were getting more and more frequent. Now it was more than one number. Maybe these texts were the reasons I had trouble sleeping.

--------------------
Hello! Wow, I'm updating two chapters in two days! That's a record!
Anyways, I really hoped you liked this chapter! I'm planning on really focusing on Niall the next chapter or two, but I will bring in the other boys in future chapters.
So leave a comment and maybe a vote if you liked it, and stay awesome!