Chapter 4: Consciousness?!

*Third Person Point Of View*

The she-cats padded out of camp, and Alexa's paws were silent against the ground, along with Willow's following behind.

"I can hear the cars..." Meowed Alexa as they came closer to the Thunderpath. She stopped, looking behind to see her friend even more worried. In the dark of night, her brown fur was slightly getting hard to see.

"We should be seriously careful then..." Willow whispered, still trying to remain quiet as they slowly approached the Thunderpath. She let out a shriek as a car suddenly passed, sending the gust of disgusting smelling wind their way. What surprised Willow was,  Alexa didn't even flinch!

As the gust of the forceful breeze passed, her fur fluttered with the wind, Willow looked as disturbed as ever. But Alexa just stood there like a board, her face showing an unamused expression. "How did you....?!" Willow squeaked, staring wide eyed at Alexa, who simply smirked and shrugged.

"With all the cars suddenly almost running us over, I would have thought you were a pro on this..eh, oh well!" Alexa mewed, and with alert, looked both ways at the ThunderPath, before crouching, ready to launch herself away.

"RUN! NAOW!" Alexa screeched, sprinting off, Willow lagging behind, trying to be as swift as she can. As Alexa ran her tail off, she frantically chanted the word NOPE, many times. Her eyes were wide, but she tried to remain as calm as possible, which, obviously wasn't working.

Oh, but Willow? WILLOW WAS A PANICKED MESS. She squeaked frantically, stumbling and face-planting but making sure she kept up, it was until she was almost at the other side where she heard a rumble of a car start to ring in her ears.

"NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!" Willow yowled as she pounced on her friend, trying to get as much momentum to bowl them over to the other side, which luckily, worked. A mix of blonde and brown fur flurried together in a ball as they face-planted into the grassy ground.

"Ow...but, thanks, I guess.." Alexa muttered with a shrug, and she started to pad away, nudging her friend upwards, Willow was still shaken up but was REALLY happy they made it, they started to walk as a gust of wind came over them from the passing car.

"Over here!" Called Firestar as they padded over, Brambleclaw was there too, watching with interest. He walked up and sat down next to Firestar as they looked at the two apprentices.

"What did you want us here for?" Asked Willow, now calm enough to talk straight, her voice was but still shaky from their experience. Her paws were still shaking, and her heart felt like it was going to drop dead if it went any faster.

"We want to help you with your mission, but we don't know how!" Meowed Firestar a bit of sadness edging his tone. His green eyes looked like it was trying to search their souls, which, creeped Willow out like she had just seen a banshee on steroids.

"Please, tell us what you're doing to help us!" Brambleclaw butted in, Willow looked at Alexa and she looked back, they seemed to be discussing something with their looks and finally agreed to something. Both she-cats then looked at the higher ranking cats from ThunderClan. Alexa then opened her mouth to speak.

"Alright we'll tell you." Meowed Alexa, her chest heaved high to make a good impression to Willow, to seem like she wasn't scared even from that car. But the truth was, she could have died there, from emotions other than the car.

"Well we were given a power to see something called auras.." Started Willow as they all walked along the border. She looked at her paws as she said it, scared of saying too much or the wrong thing.