Chapter 4 - Mysteries and Secrets -

After a few more awkward minutes we finally reached the top floor. Once the elevator door opened, the two pulled away from each other. "Will I see you soon?" Sarah asked walking out of the levator. "You know it babe." Alex had a wicked grin on his face. She walked away. Alex still kept his wild grin on his face. "Dude!" I said, whacking him on the chest. "What was that?" Saying I was confused and angry would be an understatement. "I was just...taking care of an important asset." I just stared at him. "You seriously think she's just an 'asset'. How could someone-" "Calm down, I was just joking. She's my quote unquote 'girlfriend'. And the secretary for the a very important person and then subsequently 'works' for the same people that I work for, thus making her an 'Important', remember I said important, asset. So in its entirety, I was sorta joking, but not really, and at the same time I was I wasn't. Make sense?" I must have looked more confused than I was trying to give off because he said. "Yea, not many thing I say do." Glad he was being honest. "So anyway," I started, but I noticed his uncharacteristic nervousness. It was very unlike him. "Alex, what's wrong?" I said. "Um...nothing really, I just haven't really thought about what I would do once we got up here." he answered wringing his hands. "Doesn't seem to me like that would stop you, of all people." I replied trying to build up his confidence. After all, I kinda had no idea what was going on, so it helps that the person that does isn't on the brink of having a nervous breakdown. Fortunately, he regained his slightly overconfident bravado. "Right, so then, lets get on with it. Afterall, I'm sure you wouldn't want to go back down in the elevator again, I presume?" He said laughing. "Next time, I think I'll opt for the stairs, if thats ok with you and whoever's mouth you'll be, shall I say 'canoodling'?" I laughed. "Yes, you shall. Now, Onward!" He said, pointing towards the end of the hallway, then proceeding to half skip half gallop down it. I followed, doing the same until I made eye contact, which unfortunately caused me to stop. I wish I didn't because I was having a lot of fun. Once we were there, Alex knocked quickly and entered quite extravagantly. I followed but I don't think I had quite the same extravagance although I subconsciously tried to. Before I could even enter the room I was greeted by two calm and yet angry faces greeted me and Alex. One of them was strangely familiar. Until I noticed the expression on Alex's face. Then I knew exactly who it was.