Chapter 5

|5:58am|

We had been driving for  about 45 minutes and i was still waiting for her to tell me what happened with Charles. "So, mom what happened?" I asked patiently waiting for an answer. "Well before me and Charles was married he was was married to a white lady named Jenny Mableton. She was a very wealthy women at the age of 25. They had 2 kids. A set of twins actually, two girls. When the girls turned four they went missing then was found dead in mountain ridge." "Whats mountain ridge?" I asked. "Its a small town about 2 hours from here. But after they went missing Jenny left. Nobody knows where she went but Charles is pretty sure she went to paris to be with her sister and nephew. But no one really knows. After all this Charles career really went downhill. He lost a lot of fans and missed out on a lot of money. He was angry because he knew it was Jennys fault. So when me and Charles got married Jenny showed up on the door step." She stopped to take a drink of her Dunkin Donuts coffee. Then continued the story. "I opened the door and it was her. I asked her who she was looking for and Charles came to the door. He looked angry when he sawher but i didnt know who she was or what was going on he told me that it was one of his old assistances and she wanted to get her last check. So i went back to our room to lay down. I heard yelling but i just assumed they where talking because Charles used to talk really loud. And ever since that day Charles has been evil and he started to drink a lot and his anger was really bad. I still dont know what was said that day or what happened and i never asked. A month after that there was a body found in a creek about 25 miles from the house. They never was able to identify the body but people say it was Jenny." She told me pullin into the Hampton Inn. "Damnn... i mean excuse my language mom but thats crazy. Do you think it was her?" I asked. "I dont know i hope not but its possible." I sat in the passenger seat quiet i didnt know what to say.. Charles could be a murderer and hes after us next. So many differant scenarios played through my head. I didnt bother bringing any bags inside incase we had to leave again. I grabbed my phone amd charger and followed my mom to our room.

"Im sorry..." i heard my mom say as we walked through the halls of the hampton. I looked at her wanting to forgive her but i couldnt get it out.

We finally found our room and went inside. Its 6:30am i should probably call Ronnie and make sure he gets to work on time.

I told Ronnie it would probably be a while before we spole again. I had too much on my mind and didnt want to talk about it with him.. I just need time to think. I put my phone down and went to lay on the bed next to my mom. I could tell she had been crying. I wiped her tears away from her face and hugged her really tight.

We layed together quietly for a while. I cant remember the last time i embraced her like this. "I never wanted to hurt you... I love you so much im sorry." i felt a tear roll down my face i couldnt bring myself to forgive her its too soon what if she flips again. "I love you too ma"