Me and My Vampire Prince Chapter 6

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

I know I haven't uploaded for months and I know that was criminal. But I was really, really busy and I can't really find the time to upload. I really am sorry. I swear. 

Anyway, I edited some of the chapters and I changed the setting. I know it was supposed to be in modern times but I feel like it would work better under the medieval age. 

Thank you for those who waited and was patient enough not to drop my story. I know I'm a terrible writer and so I am very thankful to those who keep on leaving comments. Without you, Chapter 6 would still be stuck in my head.

Thank you, guys! I really appreciate it.

You know the drill; COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT. Your votes and comments are really important to me!

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 6

I opened my eyes, trying to remember how I ended up on my bed. Maybe I fell asleep in the library again. Anyway, it's not the first time it happened. Must have been another long trek for Zach. Not mentioning the steep staircase. Another day of making it up to Zach tomorrow.

I turned and burrowed my face in the silk comforter, breathing in the scent of cinnamon and apples.

Wait! Silk? Cinnamon and apples?

I sat up, immediately regretting the speed of the movement as I winced against a headrush. Now that my brain has shaken off its sleep-induced stupor, it was easy to see that the room I was in was far from what my room is in the castle. Silk sheets, carpeted floor, walls covered with tapestries, velvet drapes. It was lush and comfortable. And really dark, if it was not for the fire crackling in the fireplace.

The crest depicted by one of the tapestries confirmed what I already knew.

I was not in my room. I was in some vampire's room. And not just any vampire. 

A royal.

And that is very, very bad.

"Oh, you're awake. Finally."

A glance at the doorway revealed the source of the soft voice. At least before she stepped away from the shadows and into the soft light of the fire crackling in the fireplace.

She moved in a way that can only be described as fluid. Her muscles literally rippled, showing how much strength her petite body hides from a casual observer.  My eyes followed her every move as she walked to the fire and coaxed it to a small flare. 

"Now, are you warm enough?" 

She was moving towards me, a dangerous glint in her eyes. I looked at the doorway, the only way out of the room. As if reading my mind, she moved to block the doorway. There goes my escape route. The vampire realized this and smiled triumphantly.

Her mistake. 

I jumped and ran towards the door. 

Turns out it was my mistake, after all. With a snap of her fingers, I was frozen in front of her, held by an invisible thread only she can see and manipulate. I could not move, could not even make a little squeak as she pushed my hair and leaned to graze the soft skin of my neck. I heard her hiss as I smelled the light rusty scent of blood.

"Anna!"

The thread snapped as the woman turned and hissed at the doorway. I was not as fast and by the time I averted my gaze from her, he was already in front of me, shielding me from the other vampire.

"Control yourself. This is the third time this week and I am sure Father will not tolerate it anymore."

Judging by the stiff set of his shoulders and the tremor in his voice, he was barely controlling his anger. The woman must have realized this and she walked away with a final hiss in my direction. After the sound of rapid footsteps faded, he turned around and catched me as my knees buckled under me.

The red tinge of his eyes faded as he smirked. "That's the second time I had to catch you this day."

The sight of his blue eyes brought back the events of this morning. I gasped.

Illiken.

His smirk turned to an apologetic smile and I thanked God I was already in his arms or I might have embarrassed myself by fainting. Again.

"I apologize for the rudeness of my sister," he continued, oblivious of the effect he had on me. "She is relatively young by our standards and the bloodlust is strongest at her age. I hope that this will not ruin your assumption of our race, Princess Catherine." Another smile in my direction.

I realized that he was waiting for my reply and that I have been gawking at him for the past few seconds. "I, uh, it's fine."

"You must be wondering how I know your name and how you ended up in an unfamiliar room," he said, extending a hand in my direction. 

Blushing, I took  his hand and let him lead me out of the room  before answering. "To be honest, none of those questions bothered me before but since you mentioned it, well, how do you know my name? And where am I? All I know is that I fainted this morning, thought you were the vampire Prince Illiken, and ended up in this unfamiliar room." I paused and looked up to see his dark eyes on me. "What?"

"I advise you against mentioning that name again. It isn't exactly what this castle's inhabitants would call music to their ears."

"Oh. Sorry."

Um, awkward much?

He looked away but , thankfully, did not withdraw his hand because my knees aren't as steady as I made them look, not because I like the feel of my hand enveloped in his or because he made me feel warm and safe. No. It did not even enter my mind. Sort of.

"You're in the vampiric castle," he said, as if the awkward silence never happened. "And please don't consider this an insult, but you're known far and wide for your reputation."

My reputation?!

He laughed. "It was a joke, Your Highness. Your companions are staying at my cousin's castle near the border and they made sure that everyone in the kingdom knows of your disappearance. I have already sent a messenger that you are staying here. We might hear of their reply in the morning."

"Morning? How long-"

"It's almost midnight," he said carefully. 

I groaned. "My mother is seriously freaking out by now."

"And you?"

His question caught my attention enough to prevent me from dwelling on the image of my mother pacing in her room, sick with worry.

"Are you not freaking out?"

It was my turn to laugh. "Believe me, that's normal compared to the other things that happened to me today. Anyway," I said with a sweep of my hand, "I think I have not expressed my gratitude for your heroic act back at that store. Thank you, um, what was your name again?"

"Jasper. But I prefer Jace."

"Well then, Prince Jasper," I said as we stopped in front of a massive door, " how can I express my gratitude."

I was humoring him when I said this and I didn't expect him to answer, "Actually there is this one thing."

His eyes were serious and I swore they dimmed to a midnight blue from their usual sapphire. I sobered up. He didn't even notice that I called him "prince".

"Okay."

"I want you to-" He paused.

What? Marry him? Kiss him? Share my deepest secrets?

"-to choose me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think?