Chapter Four

We were about twenty minutes away form South Park. I sat stiff in the pick-up, scared to move. Every once in a while, I saw the older male look at me and lick his lips. It would cause me to cringe. I had never been more uncomfortable in my life. I would try to focus my attention on anything except my current situation. I was doing okay, until something brushed against my leg. I looked to see it was the old man's leg. The male had a disturbing grin plastered on his face. I instantly scooted closer to Kyle, which didn't go unnoticed. Kyle observed my current situation, realizing that there was something wrong. Once he figured out what my problem was, he protectively wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Kyle would make conversation with the male, trying to distract him from his pervious thoughts, but I wasn't paying too much attention to them. I was too busy nuzzling into Kyle as I tried to make myself as invisible as possible.

We finally made it to South Park when the old man asked, "Would you like me to take you home? I can drop you off first and the little lady off-"

"Nope, that's alright," Kyle cut him off. "If you wouldn't mind just taking us to the nearest gas station, that would be great."

"Don't you think it's a little cold out for that?" the old man pestered.

Kyle looked down to me, "No, I think we will be okay."

The old man shrugged and took us to the gas station, "Okay you two stay safe."

We got out and Kyle thanked the man. Once he drove off, I couldn't help but let out a quite sob.

"(Y/N), please don't cry. It's all okay now. He is gone, and you have me," Kyle tried to comfort me by pulling me into his chest.

"I've never been more scared in my life," I admitted, but it was muffled by his chest.

"Hey, hey, hey, I wouldn't of let him touch you," Kyle rubbed my back. "Now, how about we get you home."

I pulled away nodding. We walked to Kyle's since it was the closest. We walked there hand in hand, but I think Kyle only did that to make sure I still felt safe. We, finally, got to his house as I followed Kyle inside.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home," he announced.

"Oh, hi, buooby," Kyle's mom called form the kitchen.

Kyle's face turn very red as he walked into the kitchen, "Mom, I told you to stop calling me that."

"Why it's not like you have anyone to be embarrassed around right now," she turned to face us, Kyle blushing horribly and me with a shy smile on my face. "Buooby, was this your date? She is very pretty. I didn't know you were bringing her home."

Now, I was blushing as bad as Kyle.

"Mom, she is just a friend that I'm working on a Scholl project with!" Kyle exploded.

I felt part of me sink.

That's right. We are just friends. No more than that.

Kyle's mom giggled at her son's outburst, "Okay, my bad."

Kyle rolled his eyes, "Whatever, can I just have the car?"

"Where is yours?" she asked.

"It's somewhere on the road," I told her.

"WHAT?!? Gerald! Get in here!" She yelled.

"What?" Kyle's dad asked while coming into the room.

"Kyle doesn't have his car," she informed him.

"What? What happened to yours?" he asked Kyle.

"It broke down on the road," Kyle explained.

"Then how did you get here?" Gerald asked.

"A sketch old man gave us a ride into town," I answered for Kyle, again.

"WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?!?!" Sheila practically screamed.

"Hold on, is this Kyle's date?" Gerald asked, hiding his mouth behind his hand as if I wouldn't hear him is he did that.

"She is just a friend!" Kyle exploded a lot louder than he did earlier.

There goes another shot to my heart.

"Kyle, you do not talk to us like that," Gerald scolded him.

Kyle took a deep breath, "Sorry, can I please just take the car?"

"Sure, son," Gerald granted.

Kyle too the keys and led me to the garage. I got into their car. It was a short drive. Kyle spent most of the time apologizing for his parents, but he explained that they still weren't as bad as Stan's. I stayed silent for most of the trip. I was a little sad about everything, okay so I was kind of heart broken. When we finally made it to my place, I quickly go out and ran to my room, fighting back tears.

I cant believe he friend zoned me.