Nico - I

Nico walked into the infirmary, carrying a few bags of chips and a couple sodas. He ignored the nervous glances shot in his direction, heading straight to the back of the room. His eyes landed on a mop of shaggy blond hair. The boy looked up, his brilliant blue eyes sparkling.

"I was beginning to think you ditched me!" Will gave him a boyish grin. Nico dropped the armful of snacks onto a small wooden table next to him. "Thank the gods, food!"

Will glanced to his patient Marcus Berkeley, a son of Demeter. He'd broken his leg in the battle at the foot of Half-Blood Hill, fighting against one of the cynocephali. Will gave him a warm smile, patting him on the back.

"That splint should hold up for a good while -- about a week or two. Swing by every other day or so so I can check how your leg is holding up. Try not to walk on it. Also, try not to trip when fighting dog-men next time."

"No promises." Marcus grinned. "Thanks Doc. I'll make sure to come by." He gave Nico a curt nod before leaving the two.

Will ripped open one of the bags, shoving chips into his mouth. Nico watched silently. Will had dark bags under his eyes from working late in the infirmary every day, and his hair was starting to get long. However, ever since Nico agreed to help him out in the infirmary with whatever he could manage, he seemed to be more lively.

"So, what's up Death Boy?" Will mumbled through a mouthful of chips and soda, interrupting Nico's thoughts.

Nico glared at him, although he didn't really mind being called the nickname anymore. He'd grown used to Will's teasing and, dare he say, began to enjoy it.

"Other than running around doing things for you, nothing much." Even though Nico was beginning to grow used to being around so many other people, he didn't really talk to many others, other than the occasional chat with Jason and Piper. Even those conversations were nothing more than a few words, never becoming anything meaningful. Jason didn't have much time to talk anyways, seeing as he was always running between the two camps.

"I see. Well, our medical supplies are running a bit low. You wouldn't mind going and fetching me some more, would you? After that, I promise we can do something other than hang around sick people." Nico nodded, standing.

"Okay. As long as you're not going to try to show me how to shoot a bow again. I almost killed a satyr last time." Will just grinned at him.

"Don't worry, I've got something better planned."