How it started

Jordan's POV
My name is Jordan Lowe. And I just became a 18. Yeah, just. Because today was the day I was born. I would say I'm finally 18. Because hello!? Who doesn't like getting their drivers license.

Anyways, I'm going to tell you the story of how one of my friends changed my life through some simple principles.

..........

June 30th, 2010.

"Jordan honey, wake up!!!" my mom said.
I wouldn't say no today cause guess what? It's my birthday!!! And I'm a teenager A.K.A. 13 years old

"Yes mom, I'm waking up..." I said, groggily.

When I went downstairs I was greeted by some bear hugs by my parents, Christina and Howard Lowe.

"Happy birthday sweetie", my parents said, and pointed towards the dining room. Which meant I have my present there!

As soon as I entered the dining area, I was amazed by what I saw. A brand new bicycle. The one that I dreamed of. Which was a pink one. It wasn't all girly with barbies on it. Instead, it had a royal pink color with the brand name written in silver. Just awesome.

"Mom, dad! Come here!" In a rather excited tone.

"What is it honey, you didn't like it?" said mom, with a worried look on her face, almost the same as dad's.

So instead of saying no, I ran over to them and hugged their lives out.

"I love you guys so much! I couldn't ask for more. Thank you!" I said, happily.

"Oh sweetie, we know how much you love to ride, so we decided to give to something useful. And your welcome." Said dad, with warm smile on his face.

Then I hopped on my new bike, and strolled out the door.
........

As I was enjoying my joyous ride, I saw a girl sitting on a long bench at the side of the park, where I usually sit. I let it go. She had her back facing my side, so I couldn't really figure out what she was doing. I would say she was either reading, or she was doing something on her phone. But when I rode to her side, I saw that she was reading a book. But not just any book. One that's recommended for high school seniors. Now you must be wondering how I know that, since I'm not much of a book freak. Well, this one time, my English teacher was recommending some books to read during summer. She said we can read restless by Rich Wallace. But it needed a higher reading level, so I assumed it was for high schoolers.
Back to the girl, she was in the middle of the book and boy was she reading quickly. I hopped off my bike, and sat next to her, attempting to get her attention. But she was 'into' the book, also, may I add, least bothered to look my way.
"Hey! How old are you? I'm guessing you're a high schooler since you're reading a high school level book and also not assuming the fact that you're a little bit short to be a-"

"Thirteen years old" she cut me off.

"Oh, then I guess you're pretty smart since you're...reading....you know.." I said, laughing nervously.

"It's ok, you don't need to be shy or nervous around me, I can be a good friend. And thanks, for calling me smart." She said, smiling at me showing her straight white teeth.

I chuckled, smiling back.

"Edwards, Brooke Edwards." she said.