Chapter Eleven

"How about this one?" Mari asked, pointing to a picture of what looked like to be two figures doing it. Then again, I couldn't be sure. The two bodies, lay dramatically on top of each other, the man with rock solid abs and the woman, busty and swooning over him. The whole thing seemed absolutely awful.

Perfect, I signed, and we bought our tickets. The movie ended up being as bad as we had thought. In the end, spoiler alert, the father of Boob Lady caught them in the middle of a particularly graphic sex scene, and Abs Man had to leave forever. 

He rode away on a literal horse. It was awesome. It was getting dark when we left the movies.

"Okay, I'm thinking...something really french for dinner." Mari said, looking around at the still very busy street for any good restaurants. While she looked, I jumped from one leg to the other in a strange sort of dance.

"Charlie, you suck at dancing. Stop before you embarrass me," Mari joked.

I have to go pee right now. I signed jerkily. I had wanted to wait for the movie to be over, but now I really, really, really had to go. Mari groaned.

"Fine. I'll stay here and ask somebody for a good place to eat." She pointed back to the theater. "You can use the movie's bathroom." I nodded and walked inside. 

Unfortunately, the jerks at the desk wouldn't allow me back into the theater area to use the bathrooms, stating that they were for customers only.

 I still really had to go, so I sprinted out of there and into the next building to the left. A really fancy restaurant. A woman greeted me at the hostess table in the front of the store.

"Reservation?" She asked, in a slightly french accent. I signed "bathroom" to her, and she looked at me strangely. Not able to wait anymore, I ran past her into the bustling dining area. 

She shouted after me once, but didn't chase after me. I had the feeling that she didn't get paid enough for it to matter too much.

 After a few minutes of searching, I found the bathroom. Luckily, there wasn't a line and I was able to push my way through a crowd of well dressed women standing at the sink and get into a stall.

After I had finally, finally, finally relieved myself, I walked out of the bathroom. The ladies were gone, and I took my time washing my hands. I noticed a jar of mints on the counter and, feeling like a sneaky little bastard, poured the entire contents into my pocket.

As I walked back out into the night, the hostess giving me a dirty look on the way out, I realized that I had been in there longer than I had thought. The night sky was pitch black, and the city of Paris was lit up like I had never seen it before. 

I made my way back to the theater, but to my horror, Mari was gone. In fact, most people were. The street was empty. 

I looked around and realized that I wasn't in fact by the theater at all. I must have taken the wrong turn, because I was standing in front of a dingy closed up nightclub. Oh god. I was completely alone. And Mari had the map. 

Author's Note: 

Dun dun dunnnnnnnn!!