Chapter 1 Dreamland

《Joey》

Everything was ready, it was the same rutiene every Friday night. As long as everyone could we would get together and watch Darren on Glee. But tonight everyone was busy except for Lauren. So Lauren and I decided we would carry on as usual. It was 6:30, the show came on at 7, and Lauren was almost here. Lauren came in through the door carrying groceries bags full of candy.

"Um Lo' why so much candy?" I asked her rushing over to help her.

"Well, it was on sale, and I couldn't resist. It was like three bags of Receses for a dollar, I'm not passing that up." She explained to me. It was just us in my apartment, she took her bags of candy and emptied them on the coffee table, then patted the seat beside her on the couch. I walked over and sat beside her and turned on the TV.

"Okay we have 10 minutes until the show starts." I told her then muting what ever was on.

"So Joey have you herd from Darren recently?" She asked me.

"Yea," I said as I started opening a Kit Kat, "but not like when we lived together, yea but I see him when he isn't busy, and he is busy alot."

"Why did he move out?"

"Well you remember, he got that part on Broadway, and then he moved to New York, then the producers of Glee did some shooting in New York, and whe he finally came back Rosenthal has moved in, so he just got his own place."

"Oh yea." Lauren said then just stared at me. Something inside of my stomach started to feel like it was burning. I ignored the feeling, and looked away from Lauren. The show was starting so I un muted it and we watched.

The show was over and it was 8 o'clock. "Klain is so cute." Lauren said, I looked at her confused.

"You do know they are not really together." I told her.

"Oh I know, Klain is what there fans call Blain and Kurt's relationship on the show. But there characters are just so perfect together."

"That's because they were literally written for each other." I told her she started giggling. Something felt different tonight.

"Joey it's only 8, I do not want to go home, let's do something else." She said jumping up off the couch.

"Like what?" I asked her. She takes my hand and leads me out the door and into her car. She sits in the drivers seat and I sit in the passenger.

"Lauren where are we going?" I ask, she dosent respond. We just keep driving, going down roads I've never seen before. And then we stop. Lauren gets out, and I follow her.

"Tada!" She said, then was an old drive in, "Well I was jogging one day and went down a new trail and stumbled upon this place." She started to climb the fence.

"Lauren, can we do this?" I asked her, she hopped down on the other side.

"It's been abandoned for years, nobody will find us." She reassured me, I climbed the fence as well. We walked around, it was almost spooky, you could feel the presence of teens having fun.

"What happened to this place?" I asked.

"Well I'd say that it quit turning a profit, so it had to close down." She said walking up to a small building, and began to try to open the door, "Rats, it's locked, Joey your a musclely man try to open it."

"To correct your statement, I am just a man." I told her, she just rolled her eyes, then motioned to the door. I held onto the door handle, then rammed into it with my side. It didn't open, but we could hear something break.

"Joey try it again." Lauren said. I tried one more time, and the door swung open. Lauren turned on her flashlight on her phone.

"I think this was the owners office." Lauren said sitting down in the chair in front of the desk. I turned my flash light on and began looking at the photos on the wall. There was one of a young man standing under a sigh that read GRAND OPENING. The next was with the same man but slightly older, and a staff of sum sort. The final photo was of the same man looking slightly older than the picture before standing with a bunch of kids under a sigh that read CLASS OF 75.