KNOT 18 - BEAUTIFUL NIGHTMARE

A few hours before the traffic accident...

"I have to go", Dara said weakly and bolted out of the room. Bom immediately followed Dara while Seunghyun silently closed Jiyong's bedroom door.

Jiyong cursed under his breath and rubbed his face with his palms; angry at himself for not being able to do anything. 'Say it, Jiyong'. He can still hear her soft voice in his mind and it's driving him to madness. It's like his childhood is repeating all over again. Why is it that the people he wanted to be with are being taken away from him? No matter how badly he wanted to be with Dara, he's scared of the possibility of Seunghyun's words. He tried to convince himself that the former deity's words might not be true; but since they were untied on the full moon just like what Seunghyun told him, his words about Dara and him might not be far from the truth.

Jiyong grabbed a shirt and fixed himself before going to the living room. Not finding Seunghyun there, he headed outside and went to the hill overlooking Dara's university - the place where the hadana and jursa became mortals. Seunghyun often tells him that he frequents that place to think about the human realm and the deity's realm so there is a big chance that he will find him there.

Upon reaching the hill, he saw Seunghyun with his hands clasped behind him, lost in his thoughts while roaming his eyes around. Jiyong silently stood beside him and shoved his hands inside his pockets, his gaze darting towards the orange sky as the day is nearing the end and night is about to fall. "You know why I came to find you", he said.

"Unfortunately, I do", the jursa replied. "And unfortunately, I cannot answer your questions. I have said what I needed to say"

"So, I'm really not the guy for Dara? And if I pursue her, something bad will happen to Dara?", Jiyong let out a bitter laugh while shaking his head. "It still sounds ridiculous to me"

The jursa looked at Jiyong with an impassive expression on his face. "What do you plan to do, Kwon Jiyong? Sandara Park is hurting now because of you"

"Whatever I choose to do, she will be hurt", Jiyong let out a frustrated sigh before turning to the jursa. "Now tell me, what am I supposed to do?"

"What do you really feel for her?", Seunghyun asked.

Jiyong turned his gaze forward, pondering over his question with furrowed eyebrows. "She's annoying", he said after a while. "She does things that gets on my nerves - saying random words while we're walking, smiling like an idiot even when everything's spiraling out of control, watching crappy dramas and bawling like a kid, easily forgiving someone who hurts her. She makes my head ache with all the things that she does. But it's hard to ignore her smile. It's hard to ignore her calm face when she's sleeping. She makes me feel like everything will be alright because tomorrow, she'll be as bright as today"

Jiyong picked up a flower on the ground. He then sat on the grass and rested his arm on his bended knees while playing with the flower with his hand. "I feel contented by just looking at her while we're eating our meals. Dara makes life bearable for me. Before I met her, there's a hole in my chest where my heart should have been. Dara found my heart and made sure it's on the right place."

Seunghyun smiled wryly and looked at the sky which is now turning dark. "Does that mean you're staying beside her despite my warning?"

_____________________________________________________________

"I've heard of what happened", Yang Goon said while glancing at the ruler of the underworld. Jang Hyuk remained silent, his eyes fixed on the Seoul traffic below as both deities stood at the edge of a building's rooftop. "Why must Sandara Park suffer the consequences of the actions she did not commit? The destined couple has minimal time left and you plan on taking what little time they have away from them."