One

(Trigger Warning + note at the end)

Skye:
I'm sorry

Phil had heard his phone buzz and he picked it up to see that message waiting for him.

He stared at it for a moment, confused as to why she was apologizing but it soon hit him and he swiftly put on his shoes before running out the door of his house and towards hers.

Phil knocked the door loudly whilst yelling his best friend's name, hoping he's wasn't too late.

"Phil? What-" Skye's aunt started to question when she opened the door but Phil couldn't stop himself as he ran inside and to Skye's room.

He threw the door open and as soon as he saw his best friend lying perfectly still on her bed, he knew he was too late.

"Skye?" He whispered, shaking her arm softly and she didn't move.

He saw she had a piece of paper on her stomach and took it when he saw him name written on it.

"No! No, no, no... Skye, no, don't leave me now!" Phil pleaded, holding her light and cold body in his arms.

"Skye?" Her aunt came into the room and gasped when she saw Skye in Phil's arms.

"Skye..." she shook her head then glared at Phil. "This is your fault! I knew you were a bad influence! You did this! This is all your fault!"

Phil felt his heart break even more when she said that. Skye's aunt always despised Phil and always told him he was an awful person for Skye to be around but he would ignore it all the time.. until now.

"Get away from her!" Skye's aunt screamed at Phil who was trying to control his crying.

"Don't touch her! Now get out! Leave! I never want to see you again!" She continued to scream at Phil who obeyed.

He folded the paper and put it in his pocket and ran out of the house and back to his with tears flying off his face.

His best friend died. His only friend died. Was it really because of him? He knew she was depressed; she had lost her parents at a young age and was to live with her aunt. She was bullied and when Phil moved here, he found her lying on the school's field. He had offered her help and we're since thence had stuck together.

They were both bullied but they always told each other that it was okay because they had one another. Now what? What was Phil supposed to do without his best friend? His only friend? He couldn't believe she was gone. He was never going to see her again.

Once he made it home, he locked himself in his room and pulled out the only friends he had now.

He pulled his jeans off and pressed the cold metal against the skin on his thighs before making cuts, big and deep.

He continued to cut until all he could feel was the hole in heart and the stinging cuts.

He watched the blood drip down his thighs and legs before lying on his bed and closing his eyes, hoping to not wake up ever again.

Sleep slowly took over him and he felt nothing but pain.

***

Just when Phil thought his life couldn't get any worse, his parents wake him up by banging the door to his room loudly and shouting.

"Philip! Wake up! Now!"

Phil felt the new cuts on his thighs sting more than last night and he groaned.

"What?" He yelled back at his mum that wouldn't stop pounding the door.

"We're leaving today!" She yelled and stopped pounding the door. "Get your ass down here!"

Phil cursed under his breath and grabbed his bag from under the bed. His parents had told him the day before that he had to pack because they were moving but it had completely left Phil's mind.

He grabbed his clothes and stuffed it in his bag, changed and made sure to clean his cuts and bandage them. Then he took his best friend's note and put it in his pocket.

Phil didn't have much in his room but his bed and his dresser. All he really had was his bag, clothes and school stuff plus his phone which he put in the pocket of his tight jean.

Phil walked downstairs only to be greeted with a slap at the back of his head.

"We told you to be ready for today you twat." His father, Matt scolded.

Phil refused to call his parents mum or dad; he only called them by their names, Matt and Amanda.

Ignoring Matt, he walked to the car and got in to back seat.

"Where's Matt?" Amanda asked whilst putting on lipstick, using her small mirror.

"I dunno." Phil mumbled, poking his finger through the hole on his black jeans.

"I can't believe we though adopting you would make us happy." She scolded and put her makeup away, letting out an annoyed sigh.

Phil said nothing; he knew that if he talked back he would get beat up later so he kept his mouth shut and his thoughts to himself.

"Alright, time to go." Matt said as he got into the car and Phil suddenly wondered..

"Where are we even going?" Phil asked quietly, hoping to get a response.

"London." Amanda told him.

London?!

Why on earth would they be moving to London? Phil knew moving was a thing they did a lot but they never traveled so far. Why were they moving to London all of the sudden--

Oh. Phil knew why. Of course, it was to get near their goodies that their friend sold them.

Phil shook his head and decided it was better to say nothing. He could only imagine how horrible this was going to be.

He took out Skye's note and unfolded it to read it.

Phil,
I'm sorry I did it, but I'm happy now. I didn't want to be in the world I didn't belong in anymore but please read this carefully. I know you well and I know you might want to follow me but don't. You have a life Phil, I know you do. You're going to be happy and I believe so. Promise me you'll try to give life one more chance? Please. Thank you Phil. I want you happy and I believe you will be soon, maybe moving might help. Please try it all again and stay strong. You were the best thing that happened to me, thank you for being the brother I never had. I love you.
-Skye x

Phil knew his tears were already rolling down his cheeks and he wiped them away quickly.

He didn't want to keep going, he wanted to be gone and not feel anything but Skye wanted him to keep going. He knew things were most likely going to get worse but he told himself to hang on and believe something good was on the way. Just for Skye, keep going.

Who knows what could happen in London? It was a complete different place, maybe Phil was going to be somewhat happier in London.

Although he didn't believe that, he hoped for the best and put Skye's note in his back pocket.

He could hear Skye's soft voice whispering "stay strong Phil" and he forced himself to not cry and closed his eyes.

Hold on for Skye. Everything will be okay.

*****

Hey! Yes, a new story yay but before anything else...

Trigger Warning. Please please please if you are not comfortable reading things like that, save your self. I want you all to be okay.

I'm saying that because in some stories they tend to sugarcoat a lot of the things that will be mentioned in here and it's okay but this story will not be sugarcoated because you know, these mental illnesses exist and are very difficult to get through and survive with so I'm going to write it the way it actually feels, if that makes sense. So yes, trigger warning guys.

Just wanted to put it out there. See you later guys :)

Byyeeee cx