chapter 2 part 1: minor confusion and long profanities

I stare at the prince, numb with shock. Me? He wants me to be his maid for 13 years!?!? His father hands him a card, probably with my name on it, but hopefully it’s someone else’s name and he was pointing at someone else. But he reads the name and I know in my heart it was always going to be me. “Finch Lily Goldenwood, in place of her sister phoenix who died last night.” He reads and then I realize my life is officially over.

            The rest of the ceremony passes in a blur. Jaylee is picked to be the Duchess of Erandaha’s (a wild city north of Alzenwind) companion. Luckily she is retiring from her position as head of the Rosethorn council to spend more time at the palace so I will get to see Jaylee a lot. Ming is selected to be the Queen’s handmaiden and will be staying at the palace to help organize important events like future Choosings or Starbearer fairs. She will also help with the Voting, the Sunshine festival, the moonlight fair, the New Year’s song, the Giving, the Finding, the Traveling day, the day of pranks, the day of no work, t5he day of praise, and finally the yearly ball. After the Choosing is over the oldest families are invited to the palace to celebrate their daughter’s new job. This year the Darkpoplar family couldn’t make it, but all the other families (Goldenwood Mapletree Silverfir Yellowpine Blackbirch Willowsteam Gnarledoak Grayash Mahoganybranch Beechnut Walnutseed and Appleblossom) where there. After the reception\goodbye party was over I was lead away by the prince. Once my family was out of earshot I started ranting about how stupid he was to pick me. I’m pretty sure I swore more in that rant than in any other time of my life. When I had finished my complaints the prince smiled at me, actually smiled at me after I had been dissing him for 20 minutes straight, and said “ now that you’re done insulting me would you like to see your room?” he took my silence as an answer and lead me through the palace gates to a small garden. Behind it there was a door, connecting it to the palace. Inside was a room covered in glossy purple furniture and pillows. I gasped in surprise. Then I ran over to a closet and saw normal clothing, jeans and tee-shirts with tons of shoes. I never noticed that the prince had left the room.

this is a bonus part because i uploaqded last night. part 2 will be out later today or tomorrow. plz comment with helpful critisism. i am looking for an editor so if ur interested private message me.