Chapter 7

"What the hell is that?"

Half asleep and mumbling I lifted my head when I thought I heard a faint barking in my dream. Finally opening my eyes I looked around the room as it was still dark trying to figure out the noise. Laying in the center of the bed I was alone and my little wall of pillows was now demolished by my crazy sleeping.

"What in the hell?"

Sitting up I looked around as I kept hearing barking noises and vibrations coming from the walls. Glancing out toward the window before my feet touched the cold marble floor, I stood up and stretched before I wandered to the kitchen to get something to drink. The halls were dim and I could barely see in front of me as I neared the noise. Walking by the other doors I saw Enzo working out in a room that was what I figured a small gym.

Who works out at this ungodly hour?

Shaking my head I kept walking through the halls trying to find my way to the kitchen still half asleep. Once finding it I see the time to be five thirty in the morning, causing me to groan. Pulling out the carton of orange juice, I placed it on the counter and not knowing where the hell anything was I started hunting for a glass in the many drawers in this kitchen. Once finding them, I saw they were on the tallest shelve for nobody to reach.

"Probably did this on purpose"

Not finding a stool I knelt down on the marble counter trying to pull myself up to reach for the glass when Enzo came out of nowhere and bringing down a glass.

"Need some help?"

Glancing down my right shoulder, his skin was glistening from sweat. Rolling my eyes I didn't say anything as I got down.

"You're still with the silent treatment?"

Now on my feet I turned to reach for the glass on the counter when Enzo quickly took it and poured himself a glass of orange juice in front of me. Glaring at him he smirked as he sipped on the orange juice that I took out for myself.

Jerk

Walking around him I started walking toward the stairs when a brown fur ball came running toward me causing me to scream and jump on the sofa.

"What the fúck was that?!"

Not getting a good look at what ran past my ankles, Enzo turned on the lights while holding a small light brown dog.

"Now you're talking to me?"

He laughed as the dog he held barked and growled at me.

"No I'm not, I want nothing to do with you so we don't need to talk to each other"

Walking closer to me he pulled me off the sofa.

"That's going to be hard since we're getting married soon"

The dog kept barking at me and was about ready to attack while Enzo just laughed.

"The feeling is mutual Killer, she's a pain in the aśs"

Who the hell names a yorkie killer?

"I'm going back to bed"

"Before you go back to sleep, I'll be gone for the day so I left you a laptop for school and a new cell phone"

"thank you?"

As much as I wanted to question why he was being nice, I didn't want him to get angry again.

"One more thing Giuliana, don't make me regret it"

I wanted to tell Enzo to fúck off so bad but kept my mouth shut. I needed to finish school and I also needed a phone even though both devices might be tracked by him I didn't care. My days of being isolated were finally over.