Dear Heart,

Dear Heart,

You've been great, putting up with everything I've been through. You've done some amazing things for me over the years. You've been through so much sadness, and sorrow. You've been broken so many times, for many different reasons. You've been so strong, still beating, even when you're hurting. You give me the life I'm living, without you I wouldn't be here.

Dear Heart, 

Thank you for finding people who make me happy. Even if they do end up hurting us you still find a way to pull through and pick up the pieces. Thank you for changing me in to a different person than I was. Thank you for making me more open to new things, ideas, and making me a better person.

dear heart,

I'm sorry for listening to you when I know I shouldn't. I'm sorry for listening to you sometimes, because it usually messes up something good we have. I'm sorry for not listening to my head, when it tells me that you're wrong. I'm sorry that I didn't listen to my head, and everyone else that told me to leave, but I still stayed.

dear heart, 

I'm sorry for letting us lose something that held us together, something that made us forget about how broken we once were, and brought something that we had never felt before. Love. I'm sorry for not realizing sooner how much pain that word would bring, I'm sorry for thinking it would last forever, because nothing does. Nothing.

dear heart,

I'm sorry for everything, for not thinking things out, for losing what little we had, for letting things break you. I'm sorry for breaking you. I wish things were different. Sometimes I wish you would've taken over, so you could show how much you really cared for the thing we lost. But I'm also sorry that I didn't let my head fully take over either. Telling you, when you need to stop, and when the time is right. You've really gotten us into trouble, but I'm the one that should've been able to even things out, and I'm sorry that I didn't, it just got so complicated.

Dear Heart,

I sincerely apologize for not doing the best job of keeping you from breaking. But I want to thank you for still beating, for still staying strong even when you ARE broken, for not giving up. I know that nothing lasts forever, but I'm honored to spend what time I have with you. Thank you for helping me learn from the mistakes we've made. Thank you for everything, I know we're still recovering but in the end, I know that things will be okay, that we will be okay, and our hearts beating in sync with another, when we can use that dangerous yet beautiful word love, with someone who's heart is, as strong, and amazing as you. 

                                         Thank you, 

                                                                     sincerely me.