Neville × Reader

You smile as Professor Sprout places a warming hand on your sister's shoulder. It was her first year - Hufflepuff - and you couldn't be prouder. For the time she was born to a few months ago, she showed no sign of magic at all. But half a year ago she showed powerful magic in her hands. She got into Hogwarts on a ribbion.

She waves at you from her spot, and you wave back. Having her here just makes Hogwarts better. She turns her head when a older boy taps her shoulder. She smiles, shaking his hand. Suddenly, his eyes flash to yours. A slight pink hits his cheeks, and he looks down at your sister again.

You get up, as it's time to leave the Great Hall anyway. You walk over to her and the boy.

His eyes keep flashing to you as you walk, and he becomes stiff when you come within arms reach. Placing a hand on her shoulder like Sprout did just minutes earlier, you reach out a hand out to the boy.

"I'm (F/N), (sister's name or some random one)'s older (brother/sister)."

"I-I'm N-Neville."

Neville nods, watching as his shaky hand meets yours. You shake hands, and nod to him. "Sorry, but I want to show my sister her way."

He nods, letting you pass him. He stands there - staring at you and your sister till you turn the corner.

●●●

"Merlin, you already have a boyfriend," you laugh as your sister giggles.

"Suuure," she says pushing you. She wasn't going to tell you the boy was actually asking for your name, and if you're in a relationship.

Not only did she promise the boy, but she knows you liked him. You pointed him out the moment you saw him on the train. You've never met him, but heard he's a scardy-cat. But you two have Herbology together. And you've always liked him by the way he had more confidence in that class.

You two suddenly stop, and she gives you a hug. "I'll tell you later. Bye, (F/N)." She says.

●●●

It was your very first Herbology lesson this year, and right across from you was Neville. He kept his eyes on the floor, not daring to look you in the eye.

You smile, listening to Sprout's words. After class, you're planning on asking him if he likes your sister.

All through class, you stay quiet. He stood there, not looking at you but at everything else. His pot broke, but Sprout just laughed and gave him a new one.

Sprout dismissed the class, and Neville took off. You had to push many kids out of the way just to get out right after him.

The boy was rather clumsy, so you caught up to him easily. You take hold of his hand, and he stops.

Turning around, his cheeks turn pink again. You smile, looking straight in his eye. "Promise you won't run away?"

He nods, and you let go. He stands there quietly, hands twitching. You suddenly rethink your question.

"Hey, do you like my sister? I really want to know 'cause I kinda like you so I was just wondering...."

Merlin no. Don't say it like that. Besides, that barely made sense.

Right at the moment you go to say : "Do you like my sister?" he spits out, "Do you want to go out at the Hogsmeade visit?"

You blush, taken back. He looks sheepishly at you, hope and worry in his eyes.

Thinking it over, you nod. "Yeah. I'd like that."

You nod to him. You two stay still for a few seconds till you point to the castle behide you. "I'm going to head inside now...."

You head inside, you before you enter, you turn back. Neville was jumping up and down, and very faintly you can hear the word : "Yes!" coming from his mouth over and over.

Suddenly, he catches sight of you watching. Blushing worse than already, he waves awkwardly. You wave back, then heading back inside.

You remind him of that every day after you two finally get together.