Drunk Call

His presence.

His closeness.

His eyes.

His smile.

His smell.

The anger in his eyes after he left.

The thought of Jake consumed me. I couldn't get him out of my head. I just kept seeing Jake standing in that elevator with me. I can't believe how easily it was to lose control with him. I couldn't bring myself to look William in the eye. He was at my hotel door early in the morning. To my surprise he looked well rested, no sign of hangover, and definitely no signs of fatigue. William gushed about how awesome the night was and how everyone could tell how in love we were. I agreed to everything he said and told him how pretty everything was organized. He took it well and held my hand in his as we drove to the florist for our final appointment.

Before entering the shop, William, grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in for a hug. "Thank you for trying to make this work, Ana. My family and friends thought you looked stunning. I loved the jealous stares that everyone though my way as we danced." I gave him a forced reassuring smile before we walked in. I felt like I cheated on him and in a way I had. A kiss that wasn't with William was definitely cheating and if he found out he would have Jake's neck.

Would he be back? Hopefully not! I can't keep a secret if he keeps showing up in unexpected moments and if Will was with me it would be way worse. "So I was thinking that we could incorporate lavender roses with the roses you have now for your bouquet Ana."

"Purple is her favorite color so I'm sure she would love that. Right baby?"

What if he showed up at the wedding? How would I ever be able to go through with it, if he was there watching me bind myself to another man. The worst part of it all was that it would be in the place where "Dreams Come True" but my dream would not be coming true. It was William's idea to get married a Disney World. At first the idea thrilled me. I always wanted to go to Disney World and this would be my first time there but William had ruined it when he told me why he wanted to have the wedding there.

****

"I managed to get everything in order and arranged so we can get married at Disney World..." Will said nonchalantly as he typed away on his computer. "You're kidding." I jumped excitedly off the couch. The book I was reading was long forgotten as I walked toward him. "I've always wanted to go there."

"Yeah, I know. I always promised you that I'd take you there. " He laughed. His attention was focused on some deal proposal he was writing but he managed to look up at me to give me a small smile. "Nick is going to be so jealous when he finds out where we're getting married." He laughed bitterly this time. "If I didn't have clients to impress. People to make jealous. Nick to one up on since he had his wedding at such a nice venue. I wouldn't have to spend so much damn money on this wedding."

I sighed. When was he ever not thinking about money? "So you didn't do this wedding at Disney World for me?..To surprise me?"

"For you?" He looked at me incredulously. I took a step back disappointed in his reaction. "No," he said cautiously. "I did this so that I can have a much better wedding than any of my other friends or family. If I wanted you to go to Disney World...then I would have sent you there with an escort and then been done with it."

I was hurt by the lack of thought he had in me. Everything seemed to be either about him or his friends and even though I wasn't in love with him. He promised me that I'd learn to love him and each day I spent with him proved to me that that day may never come. "Will, you know I'd be happy even if it were something small. We don't need to do much and it isn't necessary to invite and impress so many people." His gaze lingered on me for a moment before going back to his computer.