Chapter 1: Bored

Five Weeks Later

"Disgusting", Clive muttered to himself. Everyone disgusts me.He sat on a cliff's edge, overlooking the dark sea where, somewhere beyond the horizon, his father had disappeared. Clive was violently thrust from his thoughts by the toxic bustle of Miami night- life. He checked his phone. 11:04; he'd been out there for almost twelve hours. Time to go, I guess. He hopped on his bike and pedaled to the little teal house on the other side of town, where he and his roommates Fudo and Lisette resided.

Clive parked his bike at the back porch and tried to sneak through the door, to no avail. The door slammed shut with a crack like lightening, announcing Clive's return. "Excuse me Chive, where the hell have you been?" Clive winced at the use of the ridiculously immature nickname. Lisette. Lisette was a short, pale girl, with cotton candy pink hair. She was a total animal freak, and was currently watching Animal Planet, as she usually was when she wasn't volunteering at "something to do with animals". She also had a tendency to be a bit of a bitch; however, she meant well. "If you must know, Lisette, I was shamelessly fucking a total stranger in a dirty, poorly-lit backroom of one of the hundreds of brothels, or "clubs" as you natives call them, that litter the streets of this ridiculous city," Clive spat as he ran his long, pale fingers through his dark locks. Lisette cocked an eyebrow and pursed her lips, "Forget to take the pole out of our ass today, did we?" Clive's emerald eyes darkened. 

 Suddenly, a loud cry of victory was heard from a room upstairs. "TAKE THAT, BITCH!" Lisette rolled her eyes and stormed to the bottom of the stairs. "FUDO! QUIET THE FUCK DOWN!" Their Asian roommate appeared at the banister with both fists pumped up in triumph. "Fuck you Liz. I am the fucking zombie slaying champion, what the hell are you?" Lisette gave him the finger, and strutted back to her place in front of the T.V. "Clive! What's up, buddy?"Fudo practically leaped down the stairs to where Clive stood, and hugged him tightly to his chest. Fudo was a head taller than Clive, and significantly more drunk. Clive could smell the Bacardi from the moment Fudo's door opened. "You've been drinking..." Fudo let out a thunderous laugh that shook Clive's ribcage. Fudo stepped away, as Clive pouted his lips and looked up at his through his eyelashes. "...And you didn't share?" Fudo laughed again, and clapped his smaller friends' shoulder. They then all but bounded up the stairs and slammed the door, leaving Lisette to her documentary.