Chapter 3.

I shouldn't be waiting.
Pride is a significant dignity for me.

Chapter threee.

"It's so long!" Amanda groans. "My make up will fade by then."

We have waited at the waiting line for nearly 1 hour.

"It's just one hour." I reply.

"Yeah whatever, but I never waited before and I have no interest to do it or so!"

I used to wait for him...

She is getting impatient, I can see it. Most of the girls face here are red because they're nagging all over.

"Just keep calm. Whatever long it is, keep calm or your make up will be gone." I warn. Amanda sighs but she say nothing.

"Take up the edge!"

"I am, miss."

"No, take it higher! It's sweeping the ground!"

"Okay miss."

"Don't just 'okay' me, do it!"

A blonde girl enters the line with her maid holding her dress up. She hold powder and lipstick on her hand. She wears a long white gown and her hair is pulled up.

"I think she is going to go to a wedding, not a photo booth." Amanda says. "Excuse me, miss, I think you got into the wrong place." She replicates. Most of the girls who waited laugh. The atmosphere here is getting better- or worst.

"Who are you, poor?" She despises.
Just when Amanda wants to answer back, the security calls.

"Number 43!"

The girl walks in with her head held up. Her maid follows her behind. I
feel bad for her.

"Pathetic." Amanda grumble. "I bet
she won't get selected. Trust me."

I smile, "what if she do get selected?"

"The world is over." She mumbles.

"I have a deal," I cheer up, Amanda seems bored.

"What is?"

"We can't say what ifs ever to eachother. Agree?"

I give her my pinky finger. She smiles and intertwines hers too.

"Agreed. I hate what ifs."

"Number 45!"

I stand up and glance to Amanda, "wish me luck!

-

Today is the selected announcement. Amanda is planning to go to my house although I've warned her about the bad conditions of my house. But she
said she is fine with it.

My parents take a day off and we all gather into the living room to watch the live stream from the palace.

Just when the show is about to start, Amanda comes.

"Hi! Sorry for being late." She enters my house and sit beside me. "Hello Mr and Mrs Wallis," she greets. "and hello Eileen, while you must be Callan."

Callan nods. I could sense that Callan is keep staring at her. I can't help but giggle and try to hide it. Gladly, it works.

"Good afternoon, Illea! I am Turner, and today I'm here in the palace with the royal family!" Turner says.

"Where is Gavril?" Mom asks to dad.

"He is retired a couple of months ago."

The camera is irradiates to King Maxon and Queen America who sit beside eachother with smile on their face. Even when they're 56 and 58, I could see that they're still madly in love.