Chapter 1: The Bully

I was the most known kid in school, but not in a good way. I guess you could call me "infamous." Everyone knew me for one reason: I was different. I had fair grades, and I learned to tinker; making little sculptures and clocks instead of playing outside. I wasn't very athletic either, which made it easier for bullies to catch me. The bullies are like toddlers with huge muscles. They're strong but stupid. So they bully me for idiotic reasons. The other kids don't do anything about it because they don't want to be turned into a human omelet.

  With no friends, I just sit in the corner outside on recess break, constantly bullied, just because I wasn't the same. My mother told me that it's good to be different. According to everyone else, different is the worst possible thing you could be. Different means your just a reject here.
I sat in the corner staring at the wall in front of me, until I heard footsteps.

"Hey, look! Drake the loser!" Steven the bully yelled.

His thuggish friends laughed. I rolled my eyes, got up, and slowly walked away.

"Hey, you can't run, nerd!" He shouted.

"I'm not running..."

  I kept walking, a tiny bit faster now. You see, I don't want to fight him because if I took on this brute I'd be squished into a ball. He was angry now. He caught me by the shirt and swung at me. He hit me in the face, I forgot he had anger problems. He dropped me and I scraped my skin on the cement.

  The bell rang and everyone walked into the school, as if nothing happened. Well, nobody cared. They don't really think of me as a person. I thought about how it was possible for people to be so harsh. I hoped it was just this school. Several minutes later I struggled to get up, but I managed to limp home. I was sick of this.