Chapter Six

'You're a cheater,' Hermione said out loud in her bedroom.

The floor of the room was littered with both of their clothes, looking as though a couple actually lived here. A couple... All Fred and Hermione had been doing this entire time was fighting. Hermione refused to pick up his clothes of the floor and Fred refused to stop creating a mess. A mess with his clothes and a mess in their married lives.

Heaving herself onto the messy bed, Hermione groaned loudly. The window was open and the bloody birds were singing happily as though her marriage wasn't in jeopardy. Did she even care that her marriage was about to end? Did she care she wouldn't be married to a mean drunk? No, she did not. She did care, however, that she would be losing Fred Weasley; the love of her life.

Hermione drew her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on her knees. Now she really looked like a crazy person amidst the ruins of her marriage. The only thing to bring her out of her disappointed state was when her home phone started to ring.

Hermione thought about just letting it go to voicemail but couldn't stand the incessant ringing. She frowned and got up, answering the phone.

'Dad is here,' Amelia's voice stated, 'come over.'

'What? Fred is supposed to be at work,' Hermione murmured and then realised a bit too late that Amelia had hung up the phone.

She shook her head, thinking about how rude her daughter could be sometimes. Until she felt the pain of birth and carried a baby inside herself for nine months while everyone else was against her illegitimate child... No, Hermione wouldn't wish that on her daughter.

'Terrible cheating wife. Equally terrible mother,' Hermione told the phone before putting it down and apparating straight into her daughter's apartment.

The scene that unfolded in front of her was not as bad as she had thought it would be. Fred sat on the armchair, directly in front of a nervous looking Scorpius. Amelia stood, too anxious to sit down, and watched the two of them.

'Fred, love...' Hermione moved over to him, hoping that he wasn't drunk.

Fred glared at her, 'love? I think we're past that stage, Hermione.'

Mia, Hermione thought, desperately wanting to hear that nickname from his mouth.

'You didn't have to call her here,' Fred told his daughter.

'Well, you're just sitting there and staring at my fiancé,' Amelia stated, ignoring the fact that Fred cringed at the last word, 'and from previous events, this usually doesn't end very well.'

'I came here to tell you that... Amelia, you are the best thing to ever happen to me,' Fred said, standing up and moving to hug his daughter.

Hermione stood there, feeling redundant and developing an ache in her chest. She thought of the first time they had been together and how they had made Amelia and everything they had been through... He was the best thing to happen to her and she would never go back and be with Ron. She loved Fred.

'Then be happy for me,' Amelia said quietly, sounding like a child asking for a toy as she hugged her father.

'Are you sure about this? I just want you to think about it. Don't make my mistakes,' Fred told her.

Hermione stared at him, 'excuse me?'

'Shut up,' Fred stated, frowning back at her, 'I'm talking to my daughter, not you.'

'She's my daughter too,' Hermione shot back, feeling her temper start to rise. How dare he...

Amelia looked between them and sighed, 'please, stop fighting. You two are acting like children. Mum... just stop it. Dad, I am one hundred percent sure that I want to marry Scorpius. I am so in love with him and always will be. Please, please... just be happy for me.'