A Teenage Drama

We walked downstairs heading towards the door, when my mom stopped us. ''Where are you two off to," my mom questioned with her hands on her hips.

''Oh were just gonna get something to eat," I said pushing on Matt for him to start walking, he did.

''Oh well you two have fun and be careful,'' my mom shouted behind us.

''Bye Mrs. Owen!'' Matt shouted back. We got in the car pulled out the drive way, and drove off.

We drove in silence for a while, and I couldn't take it any longer so I pulled out my IPod, and when I started to plug them in, he then started to say, ''So how come you didn't tell me about your boyfriend Jason,'' he asked, focusing directly on the road. I didn't say anything after a minute he went on. "Not that you had to tell me, I just wanted to know.''

''It's not that I didn't want to tell you Matt, just that he's not someone I'm proud of dating. He's a jerk, he even cheated on me once.'' I said stressing on the last part.

''Then why the hell are you with him Lill, you know you deserve better.'' He said it plainly but I could hear the anger in his voice. He  pulled up into a parking lot and parked adjacent to two handicap spots.

  ''I don't know he's sweet when he wants to be.......I guess.'' I said sounding like I wanted to cry. I felt like such an idiot saying it.  There was no sound for a minute and I could feel him glaring at me.

''Look Lill,'' he started to say, ''I know I'm not good at this but if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, just know that I'm here for you okay.'' He said. I nodded and gave him a quick smile and we then got out the car to go inside. On the way Matt grabbed hold of my hand and squeezed it and gave me a quick smile, that made me feel a whole lot better. I just smiled, he really was a great friend. And that's all I thought of him a friend, but was getting the feeling that he thought more about me than a friend. I brushed the thought off my mind and decided to have a great evening. The restaurant wasn't that fancy inside, in fact it was an old antique Chinese restaurant.

It was pretty nice. We sat at our table and our server came and gave us or menus. ''May I start you off with some drinks?'' She asked with a polite smile on her face.

''Yeah I'll have a cup of coffee,'' I said.

''Me too,'' Matt replied

''Okay I'll be back with your drinks shortly,'' she said, then walked away.

I stared at my menu deciding on whether I'd have chow mien or spaghetti and meat balls. I decided I'd go with the meat balls. I stared up at Matt and he was looking at his menu. He didn't say much so I decided I'd be the one to break the silence.

''So we talked about me all the way up here,'' I said looking directly at Matt, ''now it's your turn.''

''My turn?'' He asked me with a smirk.

''Yes. Is there anybody special in your life? Any lucky girl?'' I asked playfully. He just laughed and said.

''No....um there isn't''

''Oh,'' I replied simply.

''But there is this girl that I really, like. She's smart sweet and really funny.'' He said looking up at me in my eyes. Oh God, please tell me he's not talking about me!! I have to say something. What the hell do I say!?!?

''Um....does she go to our school?'' was all that came out.

''Whoa too much info,'' he said laughing.

Our server then brought our coffee, and she took our meals. She brought our meals and we talked and ate, and when we were finished we left. We got to the car and drove off to my house in silence, but I liked the silence this time. Matt stopped in front my drive way. It was about 6:30pm mow.

''Thank you so much Matt, I had a great time.'' I said unbuckling my seatbelt.

''Yeah me too,'' he said giving me a quick smile and wave.