6

When I opened my eyes the next morning, I thought of many things. If not by humility I could withold my position as Crown Princess, maybe wield it like a sword. I jumped out of bed and went to my closet.

It was filled with pastel colored dresses and blouses. Even the skirts and pants were light colored. Maybe it was time for a change. I heard my servers enter my room, the two, were calling for me but Edna went in my closet.

"Dearie, I want you to do something. And Good morning." I said while smiling at her.

"What is it you want me to do, Princess?"

"I need you to replace all my pastel colored clothes to dark colored ones. Can you? I think you might need the help. But please, the dark ones should be favored."

"But, Princess... why the sudden change?"

"Maybe I'm getting worn out of pastel? I want change somehow."

"B-but... As you wish, Your Highness." She curtsied and went outside the room to call Camille and Cyrah.

I went around and pulled out my black dress and black pumps. My three server went in my closet and they curtsied.

"Black is what I would wear today, ladies." I told them.

"Of course, milady." All of them said.

"I would start you bath, Princess." Said Cyrah.

I know that all of them are shocked of what I am doing. But I know that dark colors might pair up what I feel right now. I will let them see the strength I have. Not the weak Princess who whines about her lifestyle. I'm going to be Queen and I should start acting like one.

After I dress, Cyrah told me that grandmum invited me for breakfast. A good way to show my new taste in clothing.

I went to the dining area and I found my Grandmum being served there. She was with Princess Kathaina and Prince James. Everything is planned and all I have to do is to execute it.

I went in the dining room and my Grandmum saw me. She was surprised. My attire was unlikely. Her eyes went through my exquisite dress and pursed her lips. She wasn't used with my new interest.

"Good Morning, Grandmother." I greeted her. I looked at the Princess and her son. "And Good Morning, Your Royal Highness Princess Kathaina and Prince James."

Both nodded and returned to their food. I sat on my place and I was served a full plate. I started slicing my cinnamon roll and took a bite.

"This is new, Jamielle." Grandmum said. "I mean, this display. I'm an not used with your darker side."

I swallowed my food and replied with a cool tone. "I like a change. My attires in my wardrobe wasn't matching my age. Maybe I should carry it mature enough. Don't you like it?"

"Well I am not used with the darker colour, my darling."

I swallowed the other piece I chewed. "It was preferable this was." My appetite was carried by the wind talking about my interests. Why didn't they ask this when they chose my groom? I put down my utensils and stood up. "Excuse me, I think I lost my appetite."

I walked away. Grandmum called me but I was hard headed, I didn't look back. I just walked away and went up to my study.

There were a pile of work to be done since I'm going to run the country myself. This was a job that can't be refused to be sought. There were millions on my shoulders. Everything will crumble down if I didn't give attention to any of this matters.