Chapter One

Chapter 1

Long ago, the world of magic and paranormals lived in harmony. Until everything changed. The human race forced the creatures into hiding. Many accepted the circumstance, but not all. Rogues, angered by the humans, had started to terrorize the mortals. Weapons clashed and blood was shed. They did not expect the humans to fight back. They did.

After many years, the war and the world of immortals turned to myths. The creatures forgotten. Nevertheless, they are still here. Rogues still roam the earth and hunt down weak humans. Soon another war will come. And this time, the humans may not be so lucky.

Or will they? Eighty years ago, an oracle prophesied a human girl with the blood of every paranormal would be the humans'. But, it will cost her a high price. Cursed with the gift of feeling others' pains and sufferings, her curse may either help all humanity, or bring them to their knees. No one must know of this child's gift. If ever one does, they will come for her.

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up with a sudden jolt.

Hey I heard you were a wild one!

If I took you home it'd be a home run…OOHH!

My alarm clock blared. I groggily turned to face it and turned it off. 7:00 read the bright, green light. Ughhh. School, unfinished homework. Ughhh. I took my time in the shower, letting the warm water relax my tense muscles. When I was all dried up, I headed to my walk-in closet to pick an outfit. I chose a white see-through off shoulder top with a red tank top underneath which were both tucked into my short black jean shorts. I also wore high heel ankle boots and a golden butterfly necklace. I left my midnight black hair naturally wavy and no makeup. I never wear makeup anymore because of that uncomfortable feeling it gave me.

Honestly, what did people see in wearing makeup? In my eyes, it doesn't do anything to make you look hot. Plus, it's the cause of breakouts. Look at me, I usually never wear any of that stuff and I'm blemish free!

"ELIZABETH! Get down here and eat your breakfast!" My mother hollered.

I quickly ran down the stairs. I took a piece of the very little leftovers if what my younger brother left. I had two brothers; Kyle, my older brother, was nineteen and was now in Harvard studying law, and my younger brother, Justin, was a freshmen going to the same high school as me. I was a sophomore.

I screamed goodbye to my parents and Jay, what we call Justin, and took the bus to school.

Walking into school, I was greeted by my friends. My BFFEADs (Best friends forever even after death) tackled me into a hug. I laughed as Aaron pried them off.

"Thanks for the love Jess and Kate," I giggled.

Jess was a tall blond, blue-eyed girl with a small waist. She was shy, unless you were family or a close friend. Kate was a 5'6" brunette with hazel eyes. Her big red lips were the highlight of her face. Aaron was a raven-haired guy with muscles. He was on almost every team in the school. Many girls liked him, but truth be told, I think him and Kate would make the cutest couple. I know for sure Kate was crushing on him and Aaron probably likes her too.

The four of us talked about the most random things until the bell rang. Kate and I headed to history.

"Dressing up for A?" I asked her looking up and down. She wore a white tank with lace designs and a light blue cardigan. Short jean shorts complemented her toned legs paired with hot pink pumps. I wonder how she manages to walk in those. She usually wore converse or something.

She blushed before saying, "You think he likes it?"

"Are you kidding me? With the way he was checking you out makes it obvious he wants to do something more than just stare."

"Oh, shut up," she laughed. Her smile quickly vanished when a shadow loomed over us.

"Is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class, Miss. Holland?" Mrs. Kressen said.

"N-n-no sir… I mean Ma'am!" Kate stuttered. A couple of students snickered.

"Well then pay attention."

I mouthed We'll talk later. Mrs. Kressen droned on about some war in the year whatever. Bored out of my mind, I peered around at my classmates. Most of them were sleeping or whispering. The next thing a saw would probably leave scars on my eyes. Alex Carter was tonguing some red-head beside him.

Alex was the school player, captain of every sports team and the top of the "it" crowd. His electric blue eyes, messy blond hair and tall, lean, and muscular build made almost every girl want to fall to her knees and beg for his touch. Almost.

The thought of him in the same bed as me made me gag. Seriously, I thought the guy was a jerk. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but Alex was an exception. The bell rang snapping me from my thoughts. I hastily stood up dropping my books in the process. I got down, picking them up only to make contact with a hand. A felt tingles going up my arm and looked up to see who it was. It was none other than Mr. Player/Jerk/King Of Popular himself. Damn.

Alex's POV

When I looked into her beautiful golden eyes, I knew I was lost. I felt a million sparks ignite through my body. Looking at her was like staring at perfection. Her long wavy, dark hair framed her face. She had one of the sexiest bodies I have ever laid my eyes on. Her chest was just the right size; not small and not too big. Her top showed off her curves and legs for days. Who was this goddess?

My wolf was going crazy. It's her. She's our mate.

"Thanks," her pink lips seemed to say. Oh God, that voice was heaven.

"Anytime," I smirked. I had to make her mine.

I stood up and so did she. Only now did I realize how close we were, just a breath's away. I gave her the books, leaving my hand lingering on hers.

"Um… I should go," she said.

My heart started beating so fast it hurt. I said something really smart like, "Um… Gah… Ya."

Man, what was up with me? Never in my life had a girl make me nervous. The next couple of hours, I couldn't get this chick out of my mind. What was her name?

"Hey Carter, what's up with you?" Conner asked.

"Hey dude, how do you know if a girl is your mate or not?"

He raised his eyebrows, "Got something you want to tell me?"

"Nah, just curious."

"Well future-alpha, my dad told me that your heart beats really fast and stuff and when you look into her eyes—"

I tuned him out once I heard an angelic laugh. I looked over to her and watched. She was talking to her friends and seemed to be having a good time. How could I not have recognized her before? This boy whispered something in her ear and she giggled. I admit, I was fucking jealous. Who did this guy think he was? Relief flooded my face when I saw her move, switching places with some brown-haired chick.

"Is that her," I heard Mike ask.

"Holy shi-at, she's hot!" Conner exclaimed.

I growled, "She is mine… I think."

"What do you mean, 'I think'?"

"I'm not sure if it's her or not."

Mike smiled mischievously and rubbed his hands together, "Well I have a plan—"

He was cut off when Alli sat on my lap. Her lips found mine and she shoved her tongue into my mouth. We wrestled for a while, until someone said, "Get a room!" The whole table laughed and I smiled. I looked back to see the goddess glaring at me in disgust. Oh, crap! Did she see that?

"I missed you babe," Alli whispered seductively in my ear. Usually this would have turned me on, but I was too busy worrying over her.

"Yeah, whatever." I pushed her off. Her face looked pissed, but right now, I honestly did not care.

The guys looked back at me in shock. This was going to be a long day.