Gerard

Nothing could've prepared me for what I saw.

   It was Frank, standing on a stage. Conflicting feelings rose. My vision turned blurry from rage. My drinking urges were coming back.

   It was like a trigger. I turned to leave, but Vic, Emily, and Andy stood and blocked my way.

   I wasn't scared of Emily or Vic who were both shorter than Frank, but Andy was pretty intimidating. I cowered back and turned. Now I was annoyed. He wanted to see me suffer.

   Frank began to speak.

   "I wrote this song and dedicate it to... well, hopefully my boyfriend if he'll ever forgive me," he seemed emotional. "Gerard Way, I love you. I call this The World Is Ugly".

   By the end of the song I was sobbing. I ran onstage and hugged him so tight. I never wanted to let him go.

   "Yes yes yes, I will be your boyfriend. I love you Frank", I sobbed.

   "I'll never let them hurt you. I promise", he whispered to me.

   It shocked me to hear him say that.

   I hugged him tighter and I could see the eyeliner on his shirt and I felt bad but I couldn't stop.

   The song was so raw with emotion, I just can't.

   After the display of emotion, everyone cheered on a band that went on stage. I didn't know the kid singing, but it wasn't bad.

   I ran off to a remote corner of the room as Frank got bombarded with high fives and words of congratulations. I needed a second to look presentable again. I borrowed Mikey's eyeliner and eventually settled in the corner.

   Once Frank was finished saying his thanks, he spotted me out.

   "Hey", he mumbled. "I'm sorry for all I put you through".

   "Frank, it's okay. What matters is that now I have you back", I smiled at him.

   I cradled his face.

   "I love you Gerard", he breathed.

   I smiled and took my hand off his face and offered my hand to him. He accepted it and I sunk down the wall to sit, dragging him with me.

   "I love you too", I face cradled him again.

   Don't judge. Face cradle life.

   He nuzzled his head into my chest.

   "I have been exhausted. All I've done is practice," Frank sighed.

   "I wondered why Mikey stopped having me pick him up", I laughed.

   "So... are you going to spend the night?" Frank asked.

   "Sure, I'll need to get clothes though", I laughed at his display of affection.

   "I have some... they're yours actually," Frank giggled.

   The noisy and raving room around us drowned out in his presence. Nothing else mattered to me. I could only hear him.

   I guess we drifted into sleep because before I knew it, we were surrounded by a group of rowdy people who drew on Frank's face.

   "Leave him alone, it's his birthday," I demanded.

   Andy, who was the one who had the marker, waved everyone else away laughing.

   "So you and Frank, huh? Gerank is a good ship name", Andy laughed.