Chapter 2

Hi thanks for reading. Please comment and tell me what you think of the story.

****************************************************************************************************************

I can’t drive. I had no idea how to even start a car so I knew that option was out. Even if I did, where would the keys be and I wasn’t bothered to waste my time in looking around for the zombie who might have them. It’s a good thing that zombies haven’t learnt how to drive because if they did, it would make getting the prey easier and much quicker.

I decided to walk but if I found a bike somewhere then I would definitely take it. I thought of it more like borrowing and I think anyone would take to get out of London then try walking. Plus, I can get away from any zombies than try to catch me.

It would take me about 2 days or maybe more to get to Norwich. I knew I had to hurry.  

It is dangerous to walk around at night. The zombies seemed more hostile at night then at day. You might be wondering how I know all this. When I was still with my family, I used to watch the street from the window making sure that there weren’t any zombies lurking around our house. I did this every night because it made me feel a little safer when I went to bed. When I was with my family we all slept in the same room, which was their room. We did this in case there were any emergencies with zombies. This way we wouldn’t be running around a dark house looking for every single person in the family.

I had seen the zombies chasing people. They ran more faster at night for some reason They also seemed more excited to get a meal or two. It wasn't very nice to watch. I think anyone else would have been scarred for life if they had seen what I'd seen.

It was really hot today. I had already finished 2 bottles if water and I really needed to go to the toilet. I was quite anxious to go to the public toilets or the ones in resturants because I felt vulnerable to zombies. I tried holding it in but I couldn't or I'd end up peeing myself.

Lucky there was a Tesco's (supermarket) nearby and I could go to one of the toilets there. There wasn't much food in the isles but I think I could get the essentials.I slowly made my way to the toilets, checking the isles making sure that there weren't any zombies lurking around. It's a good thing that zombies groan alot which gives them away.

IU went to use the diabled toilets because I thought it would feel even more weirder to go to a toilet with empty stalls which might have bad things that I didn't want to see. I quickly got out.

I grabbed everything that I needed from Tesco's. I took 1 litre bottle of water and 2 smaller 500ml bottles. I got some Lucazade as well as I might need the energy. I got a galaxy cookie crumble choclate bar. After what I'd been through, I needed a little treat so I got some Ben&Jerry's cookie dough ice cream. I'd just have to use my finger as a spoon but I didn't even care. I also got  some canned apple, canned speghetti hoops, canned fish, canned peaches, raisins and canned vegetables. It didn't look very nice but I didn't really care as long as I was full and had enough energy. I carried with me a small loaf as bread as well.

I quickly walked out and as soon I was far from most civilisation, I let out a long sigh.  It was going to be a long day....

5 hours later

My back and feet were killing me. I was soo tired. The sun was nearly setting and I needed to find a place to sleep soon.

I saw a little cottage ahead and headed towards it. I didn't really care about what might be in there. All I wanted was some sleep. Luckily the door wasn't hard to open with the right tools.

The house was fairly modern inside which surprised me quite a bit. I was expecting to find it with furniture dating back to  th 19th century. I shut the door behind me and collapsed on the sofa. I closed my eyes and laid there for a couple of minutes.

Relunctently , I pushed myself of the sofa and got changed into something that was more comfortable to sleep in and easier to run in then in when the need came. I out on my juicy couture tracksuit which was pink and brown. I had gotten it from my aunt  who lives in Italy in Genoa.  I ate my canned food which was a little bit good but I would have preferred it not to be canned.  After I looked around the small cottage.

Thank goodess that in the kitchen it had a gas stove. I warmed my food up there. The kitchen was a good size and so was the bathroom. There were only 2 bedrooms in the cottage. One was quite big and the 2nd one was a good size. There were means clothes in here but I figured it would have been the owner who had once lived here and mabye turned into a zombie.

I jumped into bed and got myself tucked in. I was wearing my shoes, just incase. It felt wierd but I fought the erge to take them off.

I was finally drifting to sleep, then I heard  the door opening downstairs and feet walking around the house. I fought off a loud groan. I got off the bed a grabbed the baseball bat I had bought with me. I put my back pack on my shoulders and secured it. I stepped slowly and carefully down the stairs.

"Who are you and what are you doing in here"....