Living the Dream of Becoming a Regular Teenager (1)

Chapter 1

So here I am in the LAX airport with my band mates and our manger/mother, who is trying so hard to convince us to stay in L.A with her.

“Come on, baby. I’ll miss you all so much. Please don’t go to your father.” She begged.

“Why? Mom, why won’t you let me be? Is it because you choose to leave dad and dragged us along with you or you’re scarred that I’ll be the one who will be leaving you along with my career?” I said removing my sunglasses to look at her in the eye.

“I won’ let you be because you have such a bright career a head of you. Don’t throw that away so that you could just go to school.” She said as if it was… a wrong decision for me to be happy while being normal at the same time that I was taking a break from the world of showbiz. “Most people dream things like you have as a reality. Five careers bloom because of you, don’t destroy them because you want a normal life. Don’t drag your friends and your brothers into this Mary Antoinette McCartney. Don’t destroy their lives.” I was shocked and hurt for what she said but naturally she was right. I wanted to agree with her but my pride won’t let me.

“Mom I never wanted this fame. You’re the only one who wants this not me. And as for, me ‘destroying’ the life of my friends and brothers, they choose to come with me, not the other away around. Unlike you, my mother dearest, I give people what they want and choose. I never…control people’s decision like you did to me.” I said with so much hatred.

My mother and I, we used to have a beautiful relationship before the fame and stardom. She’d always be there for me and my brothers when we needed her the most but when she posted that stupid video and we became ‘rising stares’  and that when things started to change. She because less loving towards us and started to focus on our ‘gifts’ instead of our needs. Then we grew apart and my love towards her became hatred when I found out she was using us for her own personal money maker because she wanted to shop more.

But now I just hate her for blaming me that we took a break from the fame, when I decided that I’ll go live with my father in Seattle, Washington.

“I never in my life controlled your decisions, Sky.” I raised one of my eye brows.

“Say whatever you want to say mom to last you your day. But get this from here on out I make the calls.” She was about to interrupted but I stopped her “Mom, on wait your not my mom you’re my manager. And since I’m the one who the one with the talent and not you, you should be the one who listens to me.” My vision started to blur but I blinked the tears back. I have to do this without crying. I’ve always loved my mom no matter how much hated I have for her. I will always love her no matter what crazy things she has done to destroy my childhood. But things has to change I want my mommy back. “So from here on out I think you have to stop being our Manager and become out Mom again. We miss her so much. Mom I love you but I miss us, our mother-daughter bonding. Lee and Ray misses you too mom. Use our time off to reconnect to your old self. Coz’ Lee, Ray and I need you back as you.” I smiled at her for the first time in a long time.  And she smiled back and nodded. “I love you too. And I’m sorry for ruining your life for the life I wanted to give you.” I hugged her. Lee, ray and the rest to my Band seem to appear out of thin air and enclose us into one big group hug.

Once we said our good-byes to Mom, and when she promised me that she’ll call me when she realizes that I was right, she will call me. We waited for boarding time for our flight from L.A to Seattle to take off.

“Hey Mar you okay?” Ray asked who is seated right next to me. Ray a.k.a. Ryan Anthony McCartney is the Guitarist in our band. He is also my twin brother.  He can be annoying at times but he is also the only one who can cheer me up when I need to smile when I’m down. We both understand each other to the point that we finish our own sentences. But of course we have our differences like he can actually write songs while I can write stories. He has a birth mark and I don’t. He is a guy—obviously—and I’m a girl. But we do have same dark brown hair that turns slightly reddish when the sunlight hits it but my hair is straight except it curls into locks half way down however Ray’s hair is simply curly(oh look another difference). We also have the same Blue eye color. We have the same facial features the same height. It’s like looking into a mirror which can be creepy sometime. In the bright side I know I could always count on him when I someone to help me when I need it.