Chapter 2

Copyright © 2012 Kamilla

All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

My hands was shaking in my lap, my foot was tapping on the ground and my heart was trying desperately to jump out of my chest. I was both excited and scared beyond whatI've been before, all at the same time. How much can a video change my life?

Not to forget Michael’s life too. Bruised poor Michael who just sat there while the cop fired questions at him. Did he provoke Jonah, did he start the fight, stuff that shouldn't matter when I just had shoved the police woman the video.

But here we were, sitting besides each other while the woman couldn't understand that we were the victims in this case not Jonah.

“Are you sure that it was Jonah Turner who assaulted you?” The police officer asked, while gripping the pen lying on her desk.

My anger boiled up. What did she expect? That Michael would tell her that it wasn't Jonah, but the Easter Bunny who had gathered a group to beat him up. How stupid could one person actually be? I thought Tammy, Thomas girlfriend, was the stupidest girl on this planet but this woman actually beat her with an inch.

“Yes, of course we know it was him! Who else would it be?” I snapped, not able to hold my mouth shut for one more minute.

“Did I talk to you?” the police officer asked, with her eyebrows raised and a look on her face that just screamed I-am-the-one-in-charge-here.

“Excuse me,” I grunted and fell back in the plastic chair.

“You are excused, just shut up from now on.”

My mouth fell open in shock and I stared at the woman as if she just had grew three heads, just as stupid as the one she already has. I gave Michael a side glance and he too was also watching the woman, just with a pained expression on his face.

“Maybe we should leave,” Michael mumbled suddenly and got up.

I gripped his arm and held him back. What? Leave, why? All I could do was to send him a questioning look, because quite frankly, the woman probably would lock me up if I spoke one word in her presence.

Without being able to protest, Michael dragged me out from the room and held me in the arm as if I was a dangerous criminal. I stared back at the door we just had came from and than back at Michael.

“What are you doing?” I hissed and ripped my arm out of his steel grip.

“Come on,” he grunted and managed to get a hold on my arm again.

“No!” I said and tried to drag us back to the room, but Michael strength and big frame did easily stop any of my attempts at going back to the room.

“Why? You said that we would do this, why are you chickening out now?” my voice got all squeaky and high pitched, Michael spared me just one single glance.

He lowered his voice and came closer, still not letting go off me.

“It's Jonah's aunt,” he whispered.

“Wha-?” I started but he cut me off.

“I didn't realize before I saw her name tag, I remember that I met her for a few months back. It's no wonder that Jonah always gets out of trouble,” the last part he said to himself, but I didn't listen to him anymore.