Chapter 21:Rumors?

The rumors of Kikyo started to spread throughout the entire town, putting Inuyasha in a confusing spot.

"If she was coming back, wouldn't she tell me?" Inuyasha questioned himself.

He heard his phone buzz seeing the text from Kagome about babysitting Shippo.

"Would you like to come with me?" it read.

"Yea," he texted back.

Inuyasha stuffed his phone back in his pockets, along with his hands.

"Bah! Who cares if she came back. Kikyo hates me either way...and...and so do I!" Inuyasha concluded, knowing in his mind that wasn't true.

The next day, Inuyasha was heading to the special tree he shared with Kikyo.

"Kikyo. No matter how hard I try, I can't forget you." 

 Inuyasha peered across the street to face the tree and saw Kagome laying against it, doing her homework. Her hair was blowing with the breeze as she laid her stuff down beside her and took a break. Kagome leaned against the tree and saw the engraving of the 'I + K' in the bark and ran her fingers against it.

"Why am I so sad?" Kagome asked herself.

When she looked up, Inuyasha was standing above her. He looked away as he took a seat next to her.

"How've you been?" Kagome asked him smiling.

"Fine." he shortly replied, not looking at her.

Kagome furrowed her brows and grabbed his hair tightly.

"Hey watch the hair!" Inuyasha yelled at her.

"Mind telling me why you can't look me in the eyes?!"

Inuyasha directed his gaze away once again.

"It's cause I look like Kikyo! That's it right?!"

Inuyasha yanked her hand off his silver locks,
"Shut up! It's not that!" I just..."

Kagome looked at him as he started to move her hand away and loosen his grasp.

"It, it's just that..." Inuyasha trailed off as he looked at Kagome's lips.

"What's he doing....?" She asked herself as he got closer and closer.

She could feel his breath against her skin and his hands slowly closing in.

"Woah woah woah!! Hold the phone!!" she screamed pushing him onto the ground.

Inuyasha yelped, falling to the ground.

"H-he was gonna...kiss me!" Kagome blushed holding her fist against her chest.

"Lose the violence would ya?!" Inuyasha complained sitting back up.

"Not until you stop acting so weird!" Kagome told him.

"Me weird?! You're the one that-" Inuyasha stopped hearing Kagome's phone go off.

Kagome sat there awkwardly as she took her phone out to see a text from Sango.

"I'm finally getting better! Wanna hang out after school Friday?" It read.

"Yep that'd be nice." Kagome texted back.

Inuyasha stood up and started walking,
"You coming to school with me or what?"

Kagome sighed and threw her head back against the bark before nodding in agreement.

"What was with him just then..."

Kagome saw the blades of grass swaying with the breeze, her eyes starting to widen.

"He saw right through me, right to Kikyo. He was imagining Kikyo..."