Chapter 1 (Written by me)

"Jules, are we going to watch Gilmore Girls?" my mom yelled down the steps to me.

"Yeah, hold on," I said.

I plopped down in the computer chair in my dining room and logged into Yahoo.

I had a new message from Josh.

"Think we can pull it off?" it read.

"Absolutely!" I wrote and hit send.

"I'm so excited!" my mom said.

"Yeah, me too!" Not only did we score tickets from J-14 Magazine to see One Direction in Hershey, including watching them practice beforehand, but we received backstage passes and a lunch date with them the following day. I entered the J'14 contest every day that month. I squealed in excitement when I read the e-mail and shouted for my mom. We had a hard time comprehending that we would be meeting the boys.

We planned on buying tickets for the show if we didn't win them. My mom and I loved concerts, even by bands we didn't know, so we were extremely psyched that we were going to get to see one of our favorite bands. We loved to watch how people on stage get so into their music. She was also picturing herself as those artists.

The plan Josh and I had created, Operation Haylor, was now in motion.

Maybe I'd better explain.

Josh is the editor of the home school magazine I wrote for. He just graduated and I was a senior. We started talking about a year before, and we slowly became friends. Somehow we began talking about our favorite celebrities; Josh was in love with Taylor Swift and I was in love with Harry Styles. We agreed that our favorite stars should be dating us instead of each other. So we came up with a plan.

It would be perfect if it worked. Harry and Taylor had been dubbed "Haylor," a combination of Harry and Taylor, because they were dating. If we could make them accidentally fall in love with us instead, everyone would be happy and no one would be heartbroken. Josh and I wanted our stars, and they wanted us too.

They just didn't know it yet. We hoped.

My part of the plan was to show up at a concert, sing Harry's lyrics to him, and hope for the best. Josh and I weren't stupid, just ambitious. We knew it could fail. Miserably, in fact.

My mom knew what was at stake here, so she dolled me up in her make-up. Since it was July, I had wanted to wear a dress. We found the perfect one: a strapless, sparkly dress. The front had the British flag and the back was solid black. I chose a cute pair of red Converse sneakers to keep the mood light. I was going to have to wait in line and stand as close to the stage as possible during the concert. Plus I'm just that kind of girl.

My dirty-blonde waves were pulled back in a half-ponytail with my long bangs framing my face. Regarding make up, I had just put on some eyeliner to help my green eyes stand out and a little lip gloss to keep my lips moist and shiny. I've heard the boys like a natural look.

My mom had decided on just a comfortable outfit. She was wearing a white t-shirt with the British flag, jeans, and her usual makeup. Her long, wavy, reddish-brown hair was looking gorgeous as usual.

We joined the line of people waiting to see the boys.

I laughed quietly at the girls screaming, crying, and fanning themselves. I have nothing against these girls. I completely understand their rush of emotions, but I'm just not much of a crier, and certainly not a screamer. Besides, if I wanted to pull this off, I would have to remain calm.

In case you don't know anything about One Direction or you don't know which member is which, I'll tell you all about them. I like talking about them anyway.

One Direction is made up of five boys who all auditioned for the UK X Factor. They made it past the auditions but were all turned down during the third eliminations. But, they were brought back and asked if they wanted to form a band. Their choice was to either be together as a group or leave the show. The answer was obvious for them.

Twenty-two year old Louis Tomlinson is the mischievous prankster. He was born in Doncaster, England. He has brown hair and blue eyes.

Zayn Malik is the quiet one of the band. He was born in Bradford, England. He is twenty years old. Zayn had been styling his dark hair perfectly tussled. His brown eyes shone even in black and white.

Liam Payne, born on August 29th, will be twenty. He was born in Wolverhampton, England. He had buzzed his light brown hair but it's started to grow back nicely. He has brown eyes. The boys call him the daddy directioner because he is the sensible one, he keeps them in line.

Niall Horan is the cute, Irish one with his blond hair and blue eyes. He was born in Mullingar, Ireland. He seems to always be smiling and the boys are very protective of him. He'll be turning twenty on September 13th.

Last but not least, my gorgeous Harry. He was born in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England. He is two years and a month my senior, he turned nineteen on February 1st. He's seen as the ladies' man but he's anything but. He is charming and flirty but Harry wouldn't hurt a fly. I-and a good amount of other girls-love his perfect light brown curls and captivating green eyes. One of those other girls happened to be Taylor, and he returned her attraction, unfortunately for me.

One Direction came in third on the X Factor, but even still they ended up on the top of the world. They were the most popular band out there. They were breaking records and being compared to bands like the Beatles.

I suppose I should also tell you about Taylor.

Taylor Swift is also a well known pop star. She's known for her red lips and long blonde curls. She's from Pennsylvania, just like me and Josh.

The line advanced until we came to the turnstile.

"Tickets?" a teenage girl asked. My mom and I flashed the backstage passes hanging around our necks and the girl waved us through. We entered the double doors and followed our fellow Directioners down the hallway leading to the arena. Bathrooms branched off from the hallway and there was a stand selling One Direction merchandise.

My mom and I went to the bathroom and stalled a little. It was all part of the plan Josh and I had discussed in detail. I would enter the room late and make a big entrance, so every head in the room would turn to me, hopefully. Most importantly, Harry's head. "I think we've stalled enough," I said to my mom after twenty minutes. I pushed open the door and we continued down the hall to the arena.

I pressed my ear to the door, bobbing my head and mouthing the words to "What Makes You Beautiful." I waited until it was quiet before pushing open the doors. Sure enough, Harry and I locked eyes right away. I gave him a huge grin and walked confidently to my seat, my mom walking by my side. Butterflies were eager to flutter around my stomach right away. I felt there was a connection between Harry and me already.

This was going to be easier than I thought. What was I worried about?