Chapter 6

Hello.

I'm going to keep this short as the power in my house was supposed to go out 15 minutes ago and will probably trip any second.

I will post another chapter when the power is back on.

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon's POV

"I'll let you know in the morning" she stated as I saw her eyes glaze over. Before I could even question what she meant by that answer, her eyes started fluttering closed and she loses consciousness, falling to the ground.

Using my quick reflexes, I catch her before she makes contact with the ground. I felt the tingles as I hold her in my arms from the mate bond. I looked at her fragile body slumped down in my arms before I manoeuvred her carefully and lift her in my arms bridal style.

She fit my arms so perfectly that it was almost scary to believe that she was made for me. She was all mine. To hold, to keep, to love... all mine. Both Hunter and I smiled at the thought.

To say that the last few minutes were the most scared I've been ever, would be the understatement of the century. I could see her trembling in front of me. Not thinking rationally despite myself being the least rational thing that could happen. I felt the rejection of us when she backed away from us. My heart felt like it was tearing in two.

Hunter was whining the entire time and immediately went into action, trying to make us as least intimidating as possible. But the hard part was that my wolf looked quite vicious seeing as we were bigger than her and the average wolf, built to show power but Hunter was able to remove some of that fear.

The second she started talking and asked if it was me, I could feel her accepting that we were not going to hurt her. What I didn't expect was her to touch us.

But she did. It shocked us so much and I almost lost control of Hunter who tried to jump on her and lick her face but I think that would be taking it too far so we settled for internal purring seeing as Hunter's purr sounded like a growl to the untrained ear.

And then she shocks us again. She collapsed. After the fact.

She really is going to be a handful but I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

I looked down at her tired face as she rested peacefully in my arms and snuggled against me as I started walking back to the house.

The walk was quite quick seeing as we did not really go very far into the forest. John was inside the house watching over Evangeline and Andrew.

He heard me approach and met me just as I stepped back inside the house. I saw him peer down at Emilee.

"And? What happened?" he asked knowing that I showed her my wolf. I discuss everything with him seeing as he has been through everything with my always by my side.

"Better than expected. At first it was horrible. Watching her fear me and try to get as far away from me as possible was the shittiest feeling I have ever felt but she somehow accepted that it was me and stopped running from me and she even touched me." I smiled proudly at her. She was my brave little princess.

"Nice man! Now let's hope she doesn't think that this is all a dream when she wakes up" he said enthusiastically and walked away again to get back to the children.

'Asshole Beta! Making us worry about that... But Damon, what if she forgets everything that she saw tonight... or thought it was a dream... or rejects us when she realises what we are and fears us again. I don't think we can live without her' Hunter said worryingly as he paced inside my head.