I've Always Believed in You

"What the..!"

Anakin Skywalker found himself in his old apartment, the 500 Republica on coruscant. Not only was he in his old home but he was also in his old body; same black robes, same leather-clad robotic hand...

"Anakin."

He turned towards the veranda to see an Angel standing there. Slowly, it's heavenly glow faded away to reveal a familiar human adorning grey robes. "Padme." Anakin slowly walked towards her, unsure of her reaction. After all, this was the first time in twenty years that the couple had been together. Much to his surprise, she hurriedly walked forward into his arms and hugged him around the neck.

"I've missed you, my love." She smiled, pulling back enough to see his face. One of her hands played with the curls at the nape of his neck while the other rested on his shoulder. "I've missed my Ani." He began to get choked up, emotions swelling within him. "I've missed you too, Mé. All these years..."

"I got your letter as did the force."

"You mean my-?"

"Yes." Padme nodded, her brown eyes darting away from him. "I read it just before you took the sleeping pills. I had to see you." She looked back at him, her eyes now filled with unshed tears. "Why love?"

"There's nothing left in that world for me."

"Our children-"

"-Have grown up without me." He cut her off, his voice gentle. "Luke will take care of his sister and I have a feeling he will always be able to connect to me if he has to." Anakin held her closed, a hand holding her head over his heart. "How much time do we have?"

"That's why I'm here." Padme closed her eyes, listening to the ghostly beat of his heart. "The force sees you as redeemed and clean of your sins. You can be at peace with me in the force for eternity, Ani." She cupped his cheeks, holding his head in her hands.

"But I never thought I'd be forgiven by anyone, let alone the force." He confessed, their foreheads resting together. "When you died, I stopped believing I was to defeat the sith. I stopped believing that I was the chosen one."

"I've always believed in you." Their eyes cracked open simultaneously, instantly locking onto each other's. "As a reward for fulfilling the prophecy, the Force will grant you one wish and one wish alone. Think about it because once you make your wish, our time is up, my Love."

"I don't need to think about it." He shook his head, a smile playing at his lips. "My wish is to finally be with my wife again and to be at peace with her." Anakin connected their lips, holding Padme's cheek.

The sunset behind them glowed bright and soon, the reunited Skywalkers were at peace. Together forever, apart no more; to infinity and beyond, for eternity and so much more.