Chapter One | Mitch's POV

"Get up Mitch, or should I say BITCH!" I groaned at my fathers remarks, covering myself with my blankets. "Mitchell Donnell Ralph Huges you better get your fucking ass out of bed this instant or there will be consequences!" I groaned once again as I began to sit up but before I could, I was yanked out from under my sheets, and was dragged across the hall to my dad's room. "Please dad I won't ignore you again, I pro-" but before I could finish, my dad threw me onto the floor, and began to kick me violently into my gut, causing me to gag and gasp for air. "Next time it will be THE PUNISHMENT" I felt shivers run thru my body as I heard him say those words, the very words that I have learned to fear ever since mom died.

-=FLASHBACK=-
-=Eleven Years Ago=-

I was woken up by my parents screaming and yelling at each other "Dammit Nicole, Why Don't You Understand!" I Heard my father yell "No John YOU don't understand, he is our responsibility, and you can't keep pushing him away!" I quickly grew curious as to who this "him" person was, and made my way downstairs, trying my best to be hidden and unnoticed. My trip downstairs soon came to a stop as soon as I heard a gasp followed by a loud thud, I grew even more cautious and continued down the stairs. What I saw next is what no six year old should see, my mother passed out on the floor, blood leaking from under her head.

-=ENDFLASHBACK=-

I quickly nodded and scurried back to my room, hoping that my dad wouldn't come back into my room to find me like this shaking, crying, and scared. "Mitch get your lazy ass dressed, you have work to do!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I quickly got up and begun to change out of my pajamas, not daring to anger my father further more. As soon as I got dressed I ran downstairs hoping I didn't take to long. "What do you n-need done " I said hoping he didn't hear my nervousness in my voice. "Here, this is a list of things you need to do by tonight, if you don't finish you WILL. GET. THE. PUNISHMENT". I nodded and took the paper, quickly scanning over the chores.

• Clean House
• Wash Car
• Buy Groceries
• Clean The Bedroom's
• Make Dinner

I groaned and began to think on how that it would be near impossible to finish all these chores by tonight, and how I will get the punis-. No Mitch Stop Thinking So Negatively! I screamed to myself. "Ughh" I sighed, "better get to work".