Don't Set Him Free - Part 2

Hannah jumped and whirled around. "What was that? What did that?" 

"Maybe it was just sitting on the edge and fell off?" Sam suggested, but it sounded more like a question. 

"Yeah right, dude. It's been sitting there all day and it just happened to fall off now?" Chase said back as if Sam were stupid for thinking that. 

"He's angry," Lilly said. 

"He?" Everyone asked at the same time. 

"I think it's David." 

"Why is he angry?" Hannah asked. 

"Because we brought them here. He doesn't like it, and he doesn't want us to help Betty." 

"How do you know all of this? What are you? Are you a freak or did Chad pay you to do this?" 

"I've barely even said two words to anyone in this school the three weeks I've been here, let alone Chad. I'm not doing anything; I can just...feel it. It's hard to explain, it's like they're communicating with me. I don't know," Lilly threw her hands in the air in exasperation. 

"Can you guys stop worrying about how she can tell and start focusing on the fact that we are locked in a room with a homicidal ghost?" Sam shouted. 

"Not only that, we're locked in a room with various things that can be used to kill us." 

"Shut them out, make them go away!" Timothy shouted at Lilly. 

"How am I supposed to do that?" 

"I don't know, but you're the one who let them in, and you're the one who knows what they want. Just do it." 

"I don't know what's going on anymore than you do, or the rest of them." 

"No, but nothing has ever happened in the past, then you show up and not only does Betty come, but her homicidal boyfriend who killed her," Hannah screamed.One of the burners at the lab table turned on followed by the burner at the next table until they were all lit.The flames snuffed out, but they could still smell the gas running. 

"Turn them off. Turn all of them off now!" Lilly said as she ran to the closest table. The others followed, going to the tables closest to them and turning the knob to shut off the gas. As Chase moved to the next table he flew backwards. 

"Dude, what happened?" Timothy asked. 

"Something just hit me in the chest. Hard." Chase sat up looking around. 

"Are the rest of them off?" Lilly asked. She looked to the other two who nodded. 

"Are you okay, Chase?" 

"I'm fine, but we either need to figure out how to get rid of these things, or we need to find a way out of here." 

"We need to help Betty though, we can't just leave her with that guy," Sam said. 

"She's dead, man. There isn't anything we can do for her now," Hannah squeaked. 

"How would you like it if a group of people left you with your killer when they could have helped you?""I'd be dead, so I don't think I'd care too much!" One of the stools fell onto its side with a loud crash and everyone jumped. 

"Please go away," Lilly whispered, hoping that the gesture would be enough to dismiss the spirit. She wasn't sure how it was possible, but somehow she was able to communicate with them. If they could talk to her, then she hoped her message could get across to them as well. 

"We just want to wait out the rest of the night and leave you alone, please just go away."It was like a whisper across her mind, the deep voice of David that let her know he was going nowhere anytime soon, not after what they'd done. He was going to make them pay for summoning Betty and trying to help her. He wasn't going to let her leave his side; nothing was going to keep them apart.