Party for Who (2nd Person)

"So why are we here again?" You ask your best friend.

You are about to jump a fence into a cemetery. At night. 

"Because," Your best friend pauses and then draws out your name a bit. "You never turn down an invite to a party." 

"And the party is here? Seems kind of mood killing to me,” You say but also think, ‘And odd to invite us, the outcasts, to a party. “Are you sure it’s not a trap?”

"Oh just shut up and climb."  

Your friend goes over the fence, landing smoothly on their feet. "What are you waiting for? Come on!" 

You hesitate. Blink away something forgotten. Climb, you jump the fence on the way down. 

"See that wasn't so hard?" Your friend says pushing you further into the cemetery. An eerie chill sits at the back of your mind. 

The two of you wander aimlessly around. A band of patchy fog lights up in your flashlight's beam. The slight cold weather sends a chill down your spine. You walk by many statued graves.

"There's no party here," You say stopping in front of a fairly large statue of an angel whose hands cover their face. "Let's just leave." The place just gives you the creeps. 

Snap.

You turn around towards the sound within the graveyard. Your friend shines their light in the direction but only hits fog.

“Are you sure you don’t want to leave?” You ask. Your hands are shaking the flashlight. Your face most likely drained of all color.

You turn around and drop the flashlight. It’s sound just a loud thud in the dark.

You’re staring at the angel. It was closer, no longer in its spot on the grave.

“What now- Oh.” Your friend had a similar reaction. “Yeah, let’s leave. Now.”

The two of you set off towards the fence with only one flashlight. You glance back at the angel but it’s still at the same distance.

“How is it following us?” You scream in shock.

“I don’t know.” You near the fence, the angel still hot on your trails. It wasn’t getting closer than ten feet.

“What did that note say again?” You asked thinking back to the deep blue envelope you found on the kitchen table.

“The address to here and the words ‘Don’t Blink’,” your friend responds hitting the fence.

Your friend climbs while you take the advice to look at the angel.

Don’t Blink.

Don’t Blink.

Blink.

The angel got closer.

“It doesn’t move when we’re looking at it. Don’t blink so I can climb over.”

“Got it!” You trust your friend and start to climb. “I don’t know how much longer-“

“Wink it.” You get a leg over the top.

Your friend draws out your name desperate. The other leg.

“I blinked.”

“What?” You look down.

Your friend is still looking through the fence, “Look out!” You turn around and squeak, letting go of the fence. The angel was almost touching you, its hand outstretched.  

Your friend rushes to your side hoping the angel wouldn’t break through the fence.

“You okay?”

“Yeah,” You say clutching your head. “I think so.”

“Good, I don’t know what I would tell the doctor.”

“You mean me?” A guy in a blue coat and a bowtie stepped out of the shadows.

“Who are you?” You ask.

“I’m The Doctor.”