Chapter Five

I changed the cast again for like the tenth time (I'm sorry, whoops), changing Blue's character model which is now Bo Develius. I'm pretty happy with the cast now except for Luke. (: now. there is a HUGE surprise in this chapter! hope you like it! I love all of you for supporting me and commenting and voting. I really appreciate each and every one of you. I WILL reply to all of you! And for those silent readers who don't comment or vote, I see you. I see you guh.

Song on the side, Thinkin Bout You by Frank Ocean and picture is of Ajax shirtless omg love me.

Luke's POV:

I drag myself through the door of my family's cabin style wooden house after football practice. We live out in the middle of nowhere in the boondocks. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. And by family, I mean pack. Each separate family lives in a house like ours all around the center of the territory. My dad is the Alpha, my mom's the Luna. Ajax's adoptive father is the Beta. Ajax and Juliet came from a different pack, their parents turned rogue when Juliet came out. I will never understand completely why, but I'm glad they're with us now. Ajax stumbles in behind me. Coach drove us hard today. He has his eyes on the prize as do we: state championship.

"I'm exhausted, man," Ajax puffs while we tread to my room upstairs.

"Same. We still have to go to the pack meeting tonight though so we need to go ahead and get showers and homework done."

Ajax merely grunts, I secretly grin. Ajax pouts when he feels the need.

Our back packs and equipment bags are thrown to the dark oak wood floor of my room. I flop onto my navy bed spread while Ajax peels off his shirt for a shower.

"Dude, do that in the bathroom, you're gross."

He merely flips me off and enters my attached bathroom, closing the door. Such a drama queen.

I start to think about the topic of tonight's pack meeting: my birthday. December nineteenth. That might not seem like a big deal but it is in the werewolf world. I'll be turning eighteen. and that's when werewolves are able to find their mates. The mate detecting sense is activated within on the first minute of the birthday. Eighteen is the final year before official Alpha training. It's the year for finding the mate solely. Training begins when I turn twenty. I won't become Alpha until my father passes away or steps down, so I will already be prepared and still have some responsibilities.

A mate is the true soul mate for werewolves and humans, but humans have a much harder time finding that person; they are not equipped with the direct mate detecting sense. Humans can only have feelings that are often confused.  Werewolves have a thriving need because of the direct animal part of us and the need for a pack. It doesn't matter who it is, a werewolf is extremely protective, possessive, and loving of his or her mate. Mates can't be away from each other for long periods of time without some kind of contact, mental included. Being rejected by a mate is the worst excruciating pain ever. A werewolf can never be whole without its other half and the rejection will slowly destroy the wolf into an abyss of despair unless a werewolf is particularly strong, but that's a miserable life and another story for another time. Some choose to Turn: becoming full animal, letting the human side and emotions die. If a mate passes away before its other half can find him or her, a new mate will be created for the anguished one left on Earth. The Goddess sees some as special cases, such as gay mates and werewolf/human. She sees no limit or boundaries in love within Her creations. That doesn't mean everybody necessarily agrees.

I wonder what my mate is like. I hope she is kind and funny. If she sings that would be so amazing. I picture blonde hair and light eyes. A smile settles over my face. Only two more weeks until I can find her. My wolf purred with satisfaction at the thought of finding our mate soon.