Chapter 7: All-Round Stupid

What's this? A wild update appeared!

---

My jaw dropped at what I saw before me. The entire room was trashed; beds strewn around the room, doors ripped off hinges, and clothes hanging off the ceiling fan. That wasn't all. Practically everything was soaked in a bright red substance, and even without the smell there was no fooling anyone it wasn't blood.

My eyes came to rest on Brett, who was kneeling over something in the middle of the room, right at the foot of my bed. Slowly he looked up, and as he did blood ran down his face and dripped off his chin gruesomely.

"Wha..." My voice trailed off as whatever Brett was hiding was suddenly revealed. It was some kind of animal, torn to shreds. It was far too mutilated for me to even guess at what it had been.

"What?" Brett asked smugly, grinning as he stood up and turned towards me. "Too macho even for you?"

Without thinking, I rolled my eyes and huffed. Within seconds I found myself against the door, Brett's hand around my throat and stenchful breath in my face. I could feel my heart race, and my face contort in pain from smacking the back of my head on the door knob. "Oof," was all I managed to get out.

"Next time, think twice before-" suddenly he stopped as the bathroom door swung open and banged into the wall heavily. Brett stood up, pushing himself up off my neck.

"Argh," I muttered, gasping in air, but it caught again as my mysterious roommate walked into the room wearing nothing. I mean nothing. Butt-naked, he surveyed the situation. Silently, he walked across the room and picked up the carcass. Brett and I made eye contact, and I saw an uncertain look flash briefly behind his eyes.

"Seriously," I heard the guy grunt, opening the window and tossing the dead animal out. He turned around and made eye contact with me directly. Awkwardly, I kept flickering my eyes towards the bed, the roof, anywhere but... his body.

"Um..." I didn't know what to say, but no one else was saying anything and this silence made me uncomfortable.

"G dude," Brett announced, pointing a bloody finger at me, "you're nominated for cleanup."

"But-" I began to protest, but of course was cut off.

"Shut up and just do it. The stuff's in the bathroom." I got up, making my way over to the bathroom with my head down, not looking at either of them.

I wasn't too sure what to grab, so I started with a vacuum cleaner, hoping to suck up the remaining fur first. When I came back out, Brett was gone, and the other guy was faciing the window with his back to me. I was incredibly relieved to see he was dressed now. "I'm leaving," he said, making me jump inside. His voice was deep, almost sounding like a growl. Then just like that, he walked out of the room, leaving me standing there with the vacuum.

I got to work, vacuuming the room and stripping the bloodied sheets. I had been going for about 10 minutes when there was a knock on the door. Warily, I went over and opened it. Standing before me was Alice.

"Uh, hi." I opened the door and stepped aside, letting her in.

"Just checking on you. You're still alive; so far so good." She stepped inside, going to look at the room. "Woah."

"Er," I began.

"What the heck did you do?!" She exasperated.

"It wasn't me. It was Brett, I got stuck on clean up," I protested.

"Of course you did." I frowned and she rolled her eyes. "You know you can just get the cleaners in here. They're used to dealing with these two in particular."

"Oh... I didn't know."

"Well call them now," she commanded.

"I don't know how to," I grinned sheepily, rubbing the back of my neck.

Sighing, Alice walked across the room and picked up the phone that was very much like one you'd see in a hotel room. "You're hopeless," she said, and typed in a number. "Hello? Ah yes. This is Alice. No no, not my room. No that's fine. Room 347. Yes, again, I know. Uh..." she paused, looking around at the mess of a room. "Probably some trapped animal." Looking me directly in the eye, she said, "my guess is as good as yours," and hung up.

"Erm, thanks Alice," I said quietly.

"No problem, vampire-boy." It was almost a reminder. "Well, they should be up shortly. In the meantime, you can't stay here."

"Okay, well, what do I do?"

"You're kidding right?" She asking, giving me a disbelieving look. I shook my head. "Alright then. Seeing as you don't really have anything to do, you can hang with me. My schedule's empty for the moment."

"Okay, cool, thanks Alice," I smiled.

She waved her hands around. "Hey hey hey, don't go thinking we're friends or something, okay?"

"Sure," I laughed quietly, and followed her out of the room. "Where are we going?"

"Well I've already shown you around, so we're going to introduce to some people. Hopefully." Being Alice, she didn't turn around and face me. Behind her back I pulled a face of dread. I really wasn't looking forwards to this anymore, but I was happy that I would have Alice with me.

"Um, anyone in particular?" I asked, quickening my pace so that I was walking alongside her.

"Hmm, not really. Just whoever we see. Although, I might try to find some more vampires, so you know some of your own kind." She said. They'll see straight through me!

"Oh that's okay, just anyone will do. Don't want to harrass them and have them all hate me!" I let out a sheepish laugh.

"Typical Gerard. Because most vampires care about that sort of thing," she droned on sarcastically.

"Hey, normally I don't care but I'd like to make some friends!" I protested.

"Sure. This way." She turned and began to lead me to the main building, the large concrete building where all the classes were held. "We'll find someone wagging in here, I bet."