Darkness

Hey guys, wow, so I post often don't I :P sorry, I just worked out how to use my tumblr that I caould never be bothered with... also supernatural <3

So I'm doing this english project thingy and we have to write a hypertext quest narrative, its due in two days and I hav no idea what I'm doing, so Imma post what I have so far and it would be great if you could give me feedback on what I should do or how to improve it, thanks so much guys.

Also the first paragraph in a bit dodgey 'cos it was written by multible people and we had a really small word limit (like 200 or something, can't remember)

love y'all

 The sun set on the long beach, waves crashing on the sand, a lone figure sat in the soft sand, running his fingers through his short, flappy, brown hair thoughtfully. The boy, Sam, was considering, yet again, leaving this world behind. He lived in a small town, the kind that was abnormally perfect, where everyone knew everyone and he hated it. His father was the mayor of the small town. Sam constantly argued with his father but had perfect grades, was very athletic and always did what he was told. Yet it was never enough. He had always been different, never good enough, never fitting in and he never felt comfortable with the surroundings. Sam was quite an extraordinary child, he was different but he didn't know he was 'that' different. It seemed that in most cases he could tell what was on people's minds or what they were thinking or merely the fact that he could tell time without the need for a watch. This made people keep their distance from him and so naturally he was singled out. A few days later, his father and him had got into an argument. Sam finally told his dad how he really felt about the town, and that he wanted to leave the town. His dad was not happy. That night Sam thought about running away, but to where? The town was so isolated. He decided to put up with the town and stay, just to keep his dad happy. The next morning Sam went down to the beach. As he sat in his usual spot, he noticed voices coming from one end of the beach. Sam thought he was the only one that went to the beach. Sam was curious, slowly and carefully Sam approached the voices. Sam was hidden behind some jagged rocks that had been eroded over time. He peaked around and saw a man, a woman and their dog. He decided to ask them what they were doing here. He approached the man. They didn't really seem startled or scared of him. The man and Sam started to talk. Sam learnt that the man, woman and their dog have been travelling for over a year going around the country, visiting and staying at the most beautiful places. The man took out a photo album from one of the bags and handed it to Sam. Sam started to flick through he pages of photos. He had never seen places like this, they were extraordinary. Sam asked them if he could join them. They told him that he was welcome to tag along in his car. He begged them to stay a few days so that he could get ready for his adventure. Sam rushed back home and started to pack.

The darkness was impenetrable, like staring into a starless midnight sky, endless. It only seemed to get thicker as Sam struggled against his bonds, and he feared that if he stared long enough, he might go mad. The cracked concrete chilled his skin, his wrists bruised and torn from his useless attempts of escape. "Help!" he cried out hopelessly, "Please, someone help me!" the only reply he received was a sharp tug of his chains, cracking his skull against the dirty wall. Sam closed his eyes and dropped his head, it was hopeless, how could he have been so stupid? Did he really believe that two strangers would just come into town and take him away from all his problems? No, he had just wanted to believe so much that he failed to realise how stupidly easy it was, how convenient. How those cute little pictures that had seemed so interesting, so exotic, had been so obviously cut from magazines. Well it was all to late now, it's not like he could change anything from his lonely little dungeon. They had been in the city when it happened, the sun had shone through the white clouds and onto the tall buildings, Sam had stared up in awe, never before had he seen anything so beautiful, so advanced. He turned grinning to his "friends" but they were not there, in their place was something else, something that made his grin fade and his heart attempt to escape from his chest. It was a poster, a wanted poster, warning of two people. A man and a woman, who shared the faces of the strangers.

Suddenly the door creaked. It was the first sound Sam had heard in weeks, he slowly raised his weak head to look in the direction of the door, though he was not sure where anything was anymore. Light shone into the room piercing the darkness, Sam hissed and tried to look away, but could no longer move his body, he was too weak. Two figures walked into the room, one was tall and had a wide frame, Sam recognised him as the stranger he had met on the beach. The other Sam had never met before, he looked to be a boy around his own age, possibly a bit older.  He was thin and wiry, his hair was blonde and looked like he had just got out of bed. The taller man shoved him into the room and against one of the walls.

And that's where I'm stuck, sorry :P new character is gonna be a kind of trickster, really jokey and light hearted, so yea

and sorry for the horrible A.N's I know you probably wont read them... well YOU are, but not many people.

yea sorry, but this isn't really a story yet, I'm more asking for your help, I'll put it up properly and delete theAN's when it's finished.

thanks guys XD