Chapter One

• Dedicated to AlexandriaJo (My Mexican Unicorn)

Chapter One- 

My bags were safely stowed in the back of the car as my older sister, Carla, drove me to the house that I'd be staying in for the next two weeks. She glanced over at me again and gave me a weak smile. She'd tried to talk me into changing my outsider time and time again but I wasn't going to budge. Infact I was almost insulted that she didn't believe in me enough to be able to survive with the monster. 

When Carla turned fifteen she didn't hesitate to pick her outsider. She chose a fairie. She picked one of the easiest outsiders there was. When she came home she told of stories of how her fairie was less than she expected though. Steven his name was, made her clean the house they were in every day twice a day. Then he made her cater to his every whim. She had to oblige because fairies are actually quite violent. He had struck her twice when she refused to call him "Master". 

The slow drizzle began to pick up outside the car and I took that as a good omen. Although most people think of rain as a bad sign I've always loved the rain. When it rains I feel more at one with myself. The rain always made me more comfortable and seemed to just take away all the nervousness in my body. 

Relaxing into my seat I turned on the radio and sang along with the song, Bring me to Life by Evanescence. Carla just shook her head and I smiled at her. She knew I was relaxed and I could tell by her tense posture she was more nervous thanks to the rain. I could almost read her mind. She wouldn't calm down fully again until she took me back home after this. 

Too soon we were pulled up in front of a large house that looked in good condition. The house loomed up at me as I got my two bags out of the car. I could only hope that somehow I'd live through this terrifying experience. There always was that possibility that I could die but I tried not to dwell on that fact... 

I walked through the tall grass and onto a little stone pathway up to the front door. I knocked and the door swung open slowly, creaking a little on the hinges. I turned to wave to Carla before I stepped into the house leaving my old life behind me... 

----

A/N: So I've read all three of my comments from you wonderful people (Yes even you AJ, you little Mexican Unicorn you) so I've decided to keep going (Obviously). I hope you've enjoyed Chapter One. Chapter Two is finished and shall hopefully be up shortly... I love you you wonderful people you. <3 Love, ~*~Owl~*~