Prologue

My Choice 

Prologue- 

Monsters exist. They live among the humans almost unnoticed. Every once in a while one will go berserk and kill a few people but other than that they don't interact with us much. At least they're not supposed to. 

Social interaction with the "outsiders" as we call them is mandatory at times. On your fifteenth birthday you must spend a whole two weeks with an outsider of your choice. You don't actually choose which outsider you get, rather you choose the species.  

My name is Silvermist Everdeen, my friends call me Misty or Silva. I'm fourteen years old and my birthday is tomorrow. I wanted nothing to do with the choosing of my outsider unlike everyone else.  

I put all the species names in a hat and pulled one at random. I looked down at the tiny piece of paper in my hands. Of course I had to pick one of the most dangerous species out there. Oh well, Silvermist Mai Everdeen doesn't back away from a challenge. 

I read over the words one more time before crumpling the piece of paper and tossing it in the fireplace. I watched the word shrivel and burn slowly.  

Werewolf. 

------------------------------------

A/N: Mmk, so tell me... How horrible was it? Should I continue? I have the next two chapters already typed up and I'm working on Chapter Three as I write this. Leave me a comment if I should continue or not. Thanks a bunch I really appreciate it. Uhm and if you want to vote, that'd be pretty cool.

Love ~*~Owl~*~