I'm Okay

Look out Owen Grady; here I come with my keyboard and imagination!

*.*

You climbed off of your boyfriend's bike and stretched. Within the two months you had been dating, you weren't quite used to riding with him yet. Owen climbed off and walked towards his pride and joy.

You looked ahead at the giant metal enclosure. This was the day; the day you met Owen's girls, the only girls allowed in his life besides you. You couldn't deny the fact that you felt a tad worried. You knew Owen would keep you safe; with all of those Alpha vibes he could get protective, but you were meeting four animals whose nature it was to hunt and viciously kill. You took a deep breath before walking forward.

You caught up to Owen and linked your hand with his. He looked over at you with a grin. He nudged your shoulder lightly. "You scared?"

"Owen, they're dinosaurs. How do you expect me to feel?" you replied. He stopped and turned to you.

"I promise they won't hurt you. Just give them a chance," he said with a grin. You knew how much his raptors meant to him. You nodded and gave a squeeze to his hand.

"Owen!" You looked over to the top of the cage, where two catwalks formed an X. A dark skinned man with a thick accent was smiling down at you both. He came down from the catwalks and rushed over to you both with a smile. He stopped you both right outside the safety cage. "You must be (Y/N)," the man said.

"This is Barry, one of the raptor trainers," Owen introduced to you. You smiled and shook Barry's hand.

"Nice to meet you," you politely greeted. Barry grinned.

"You as well. Finally nice to see the girl Owen never stops talking about," Barry replied with a chuckle. Your eyes drifted to Owen, who was pretending he wasn't paying attention. You silently smirked. "You're here to meet the girls?" Barry asked, returning your attention to him. You nodded. "I think they're going to like you," he told you.

"I just hope they don't like me enough to eat me," you answered. Barry laughed and clapped a hand on your back.

"No, the only man they would be eating is that asshole," Barry said as his eyes drifted up to the catwalk. Another man was watching the raptors. He looked out of place, as if you'd put a businessman in the middle of a children's playground. He seemed cold and calculating.

The man's gaze shifted to you. He seemed to look you over for a minute before starting to come down the catwalk.

"Oh great," you heard Owen mutter. You watched the out-of-place stranger approached the three of you. Owen's gaze was hard and Barry looked displeased. The man walked over with a cold smile.

"Good morning, Owen."

"Hoskins," Owen greeted. Hoskins' eyes drifted over to you.

"You must be (Y/N)."

"What do you want, Hoskins?" Owen said, cutting your introduction short. Hoskins turned back to your boyfriend.

"You know exactly what I want," Hoskins answered before brushing past Owen towards a jeep behind you. You turned your body and watched him go. Owen refused to turn around and turned his attention to you. A worker a good distance away was yelling for some help for Barry. Barry shook his head, told you that he'd see you later, and ran off to help the pathetic employee.

"Don't mind Hoskins. Like Barry said, he's an asshole," Owen told you.

"What does he want from you?"

"My girls," Owen said as he turned to his left. You looked at the safety cage. Just on the other side, a raptor was watching you carefully. Her skin was a brighter blue tone compared to the others. Owen's fingers wrapped around yours before he lead you into the safety cage. The blue raptor snarled a bit, making you step back, but Owen kept a grip on your hand. "C'mon, she won't hurt you. This is Blue," Owen said as he gently reached out and placed a hand on her snout. She seemed to calm down, but you could still tell that she was watching you.