12th June

Hehe. You're so positive, Ag. I wish I was like that. But I'm afraid it is my time to go. This'll be my last letter. I can feel my body turning more and more. I hope you stay safe and stay well until an old age. You'll find someone else far better than myself. Though we never got a chance to date or see where this relationship could have gone to. But you are an amazing man. A month can do so much and can bring two people so close together. Even if we were brought together by sheer loneliness and sense of camaraderie for fellow humans. I'm sorry our time was cut short but here's six things you should know about me.

1. I ran out of food a day or two ago
2. I had a daughter but she is now gone. I don't even know if she's alive or not.
3. Before all this, I was actually a nurse
4. This whole situation will turn out okay in the end, I know it will.
5. When I said I liked the band you played, I lied. I did it to make you happy.
6. I dreamt about you every night while I laid in bed.

Thank you. I love you, Ag.

Maria

x

Ag's Point of View-

As I finished reading the letter, I heard a sharp snap from outside the window Maria would stand beside every day. Turning to see what snapped, I saw a large object on the floor. With a few tears dancing down my cheeks, I recognised it as Maria. Her once stunning face was now planted into the concrete below. Her body was twisted and distorted with her neck at a curious angle. I wanted to go down there, to go see if there was any sign of life but...

The zombies got to her first.

With a few whimpers and sobs, I hugged Sally the bear, her fur becoming wet with my tears. I turned on the CD player, sweet classical music flowing from the speakers as I drained out the moans and groans from outside my window.