The Threat

SOPHIE'S P.O.V.

I spent the rest of the morning trying to forget Tyler. I went to and from each of my classes with Shelley chattering at me the whole time. She never stopped talking. I never thought that I'd end up being friends with a girl like her. Super preppy cheerleader blonde girl type. Yeah she was kinda ditzy and uber happy all the time, but Inneeded someone like that around to balance out my quiet somber mood. Shelley was good for me. So far she had made plans for us to eat lunch together and I could meet all the other cheerleaders. They sat at a table with the footballers and a few other select jocks. They were the popular people here at school. Typical.

The bell rang for lunch and everyone scattered. Shelley grabbed my arm and hauled me to the cafeteria. We got in line with our treys and decided on a salad and slice of pizza each. We brought our treys to the table and sat down with all the beautiful people. Immeadiatly I was caught in a whirlwind of questions. I would start to answer one when another would come flying at me. I ws saved by Shelly who introduced me and told everyone where I was from.

"Everyone this is Sophie. She is from New York and she just moved here with her Mum."

"Cool. So your from the United States huh?You sound like an Aussie."This came from a fit looking guy named Aaron. He was looking me up and down. Measuring me with a look of confusion on his face.

"Yea I'm from the USA. I grew up there but my Mum is from here." I told him.

He just looked at me and said, "Cool." I was answering another question when I felt a chill run down my spine. Someone was watching me. I looked up to a familiar face. Tyler was standing across the room staring at me with an empty lunch trey in his hand. When he saw me looking he turned around and practically ran out of the lunch room. I didn't know what to make of that so I decided to ignore it. I went back to talking and eating with my new friends.

The rest of the day passed in a blur. I didn't have any other classes with Tyler. Every time I saw him in the halls he would turn around and walk the opposite way when he saw me. I didn't know why he was avoiding me. I didn't really care. After school let out Shelley decided to take me shopping. We went to the local mall and bought dresses for a party later that week. Mine was black and form fitting and fell to the middle of my thigh. Classic. Shelley had picked an aqua blue dress that barely covered her bum. It looked amazing on her. After paying for the dresses we went in search of shoes to go with them. I got black gladiator sandals that laced up my legs, and Shelley got some silver pumps. We went to the food court and we got some chinese food. We sat there talking. We were talking about what her plans for the rest of the year were, and her hopes of going to nationals with the squad. A group of guys walked over to our table then and sat down with us. Shelley looked at me and giggled a little. I looked at the guy closest to me. He was well built with brown hair and brown eyes. He was cute. I looked around. There were at least 6 guys in all.

"Hello boys. Is there something we can help you with?" I asked. The guy next to me smiled and slung his arm over my shoulders, as if by speaking I invited him to touch me, and whispered quietly in my ear.

"Yeah sweetheart there is. Why don't you and your friend there," he gestured at Shelley who was animatedly flirting with a shorter red headed guy. "come with us tonight to a party. We havn't got dates yet and you girls look like you enjoy a good time. When your with us your sure to have a good time." He leaned away from me still keeping his arm draped over me and smirked. I smiled at him like I was going to say yes then shrugged his arm off my shoulder and stood up.

"One, don't touch me." I grabbed my shopping bags and Shelley. "Two, I am not your sweetheart. And three," I turned around and waved over my shoulder,"Goodbye."

As we were walking away I heard the other guys burst into laughter. The brunette turned on his friends and shouted," What?!?!"

The red head laughed in his face and sputtered," Dude, Jack, she just totally dissed you. You so just got rejected!" I didn't really get why that was so funny but then I figured that he probably never got turned down like that before,.

"Shut up Kevin!" He kicked over his friends chair and Kevin fell backwards to the floor, but he was to busy laughing to care.

Shelley and I got to the car and she drove back to the school car park so I could get my car. We were almost there when Shelley started giggling "OMG!" she said." You totally schooled those guys back there. And the look on that guys face when you turned him down was so damn funny." She laughed then and the car swerved dangerously to the side. I grabbed the wheel before she steered us into traffic. She sobered up shortly after and we drove the rest of the way in silence for once. Every now and then Shelley would burst into a fit of giggles but other than that it was silent.

We pulled into the lot and Shelley waved goodbye and sped of. I walked to my car and when I got there I found a note stuck under the wipers. "STAY AWAY. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. WOULD BE A SHAME IF YOU GOT HURT." well this is interesting. But how am I supposed to know who to stay away from if I don't know who left the note? Oh well it doesn't really matter just some joke on the new girl probably. I was used to things like this so I just crumpled the note into a ball and threw it over my shoulder before I got in my car and drove out of the car park. When I passed by the side of school I thought I saw someone in the alley there watching me. I had tingles running up my spine and goose bumps on my arms. That was sooooo weird. I drove home with the radio on full blast listening to a classic rock station. I pulled up to the gate surrounding my house and pressed the button on my keychain to open it. I rolled up the driveway and parked in the garage. I got out of the car and walked inside, up the winding spiral staircase to my room,and collapsed onto my bed.

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE TYLERS P.O.V. OF THE LAST CHAPTER. ENJOY!!!!! AGAIN SORRY IT WAS SHORT!!! PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN. WHO KNOWS YOUR IDEA COULD BE PUT INTO THE STORY!!!!! :D THE PIC IS OF SHELLEY!