Chapter One

-JJ's POV-
I sat on the floor in the corner under a blanket. Which I've been doing a lot lately.
I can't explain it. Everything just feels so dark. Nothing even really happened...but the energy...the anger...
I feel like every time a door closes, or I hear footsteps, it's out of anger. The yelling is killing me. He should be here any second, that was the only thing keeping me from crying. Calling him was becoming a frequent thing. But I had no one else.

-General POV-
"You can hear it from the street." He whispered.
JJ looked up to see Spencer crawling in through her ground floor window. He stood awkwardly once he got in,"You okay?" He already knew the answer. She shook her head, and his heart broke. He sat down beside her wrapping his arm around her. She leaned into him and he kissed her head. Jumped when the sound of glass breaking filled the house.
"I can't take the fighting." She mumbled through her tears. He held her tighter,"I know." He whispered softly into her hair. He couldn't stand to see her like this. JJ hated conflict. All parents fight, and she always hated whenever her parents did. But it was becoming such a regular thing for her. She hated going home, and spent as much time as she could at school or with her friends. The only family she believed she had.

Hours passed until the fighting finally died down. They house became silent, the tension slowly disintegrated. JJ lifted her head at the sound of a car starting. Spencer stood to see who was leaving.
"It's your dad." He informed, regretting it once the words left his mouth. She looked down into her lap. He sighed, walking over towards her. He leaned down and took her hands,"Let get out of here." He said.
"I can't." She answered almost immediately.
"Come on, it's Friday. No school tomorrow. You need something happy for the day." He stood, pulling her up with him,"I hate seeing you sad." He added quietly. She slowly walked into her arms, wrapping her arms tightly around him. Her head buried in his chest. He kissed her head and wrapped his lanky arms around her.
"I love you." He heard her light mumbled and smiled. "I love you too."
He took her shoulders and pushed her away to see her face,"Now, let's get out of here."
"Where are we gonna go?" She asked as he took her hand.
"Some place magical." He said, making her smile as he guided her out of her room. They walked slowly through the hall into the living room. JJ sighed, finding her mom passed out on the couch. Her arm draped over the edge, and an empty glass on the table beside a half empty bottle of scotch. Spencer grabbed a blanket and gently covered up her mother, tucking her arm in. Making JJ smile. She knew Spencer has always seen her mother as a second mother to himself. He loved his mother, but when she would have one of her fits and she would throw him out, JJ's mom never hesitated to take him in for sometimes weeks at a time. When they were little and this would happen, he would sleep in JJ's room. Once they got older she would sneak into the guest room and stay with him.
They exited the house and he she linked arms with him as they walked down the street.
"So...where exactly is this magical place?" She asked as they walked.
"Why can't it be a surprise, it's a magical place. Giving away would take some of that magic away."
"You believe in magic?" She wondered out loud.
"Yes, but not the kind you're thinking about." He answered.
Her brows furrowed,"So what kind?"
"Oh I can't tell you that?" He said immediately, making her laugh.
"What? Why not?"
"Well it's for you to see on your own. I can't make you believe in something. You have to use your eyes and see it yourself." He said. She sighed, but that didn't prevent a smile from forming. They walked for two more blocks till reaching their destination.
"An open field?" She questioned as her friend continued to the center of the field. Being as late as it was, there was no source of light for at least a block. No street lights, lit buildings or anything or the sort.
"Yep." He said simply,"Come on!" He called. She followed with a groan. "Sit." He instructed as he did so himself. She obeyed, sitting beside him, and looked over to him,"Yeah?"
"Okay now close your eyes and lay back." He said. She followed his motion and layer on her back, she felt his arm pressed up against hers.
"Okay open your eyes." He said. JJ opened her eyes and smiled. It was the darkest place in town and the stars were most visible. The moon was completely full and large. Stars scattered around it.
"Wow." She marveled with a whisper.
"Spence this is incredible." He smiled at her amazement.
"I-I don't get it though. What makes it magical?" She turned to look at him.
"Well, I'm sitting with my best friend under the most beautiful night sky, and because of that I was able make you smile again. Sounds pretty magical to me." He said softly. He smiled, but turned serious,"I know you hate what's been happening with your parents and I want you to know I'm here for you.

JJ smiled,"Thank you." She whispered.

__________________________
-Talk about best friend goals, right? Hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter, I have so much planned for this story and I really hope it works out. Hope you liked reading, I liked writing. Next chapter will hopefully be up soon, please vote and leave a comment saying what you thought I love to see what you guys think.-

|Stay weird my friends, till next time|