a certain dragon's list of dislikes

1) If there was one thing to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, it would be that his silent way of sleeping curled up to the side, pressed against the corner, made one uncomfortable. (2)

2) The second, would undoubtedly be his terrible cooking. (Though Noah supposed he would attempt a bite or two, and offer his own supervision.)

3) If there were three things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would have to be that he felt so genuinely for other's passions, that it was hard to push him away. (9)

4) The fourth would be his sneaky behaviour that led to a poor mood. (Noah was obliged to then comfort the fool who stepped into a mysterious darkness. Well, he supposed he didn't mind it, really. Comforting a fool, that is.)

5) If there were five things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be his silent way of enduring things, unwilling to rely on any others. (22)

6) The sixth would be his utter disregard for the state of his stomach, eating all varieties of food without considering his body's ability to digest it (Noah supposed he would reluctantly make note of every thing Kaden ate, observing his reactions to spicy, sweet, and other foods)

7) The seventh would the strange, cold and dangerous side of the man that seemed like both a mask painted over his face, and lingering with self-despise. (To remedy this, Noah intended to discover all sides of the man, both his masks and his real faces.)

8) If there were eight things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be his ignorance to his own sufferings. (36)

9) If there were nine things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be his talents in faking wellness until he collapsed somewhere Noah couldn't see. (45)

10) The tenth would be his inability to realize the terrible state of his body, only realizing once he'd slipped into a lake or hollowed out his insides.

11) The eleventh would have to be the faraway glaze over his eyes at times, staring into a distant past, or a far away future. (Noah feared that one day, Kaden's gaze wouldn't return back to their present.)

12) If there were twelve things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, three would be his insistence on managing everything alone, no matter how minor, no matter how severe. (54)

13) If there were thirteen things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be that his method of affection was in sacrificing himself for his companions. (75)

14) If there were fourteen things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be that lonely face which was more soulful than a painting.

15) If there were fifteen things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be those envious eyes that reflected the happiness right before him as if it were too far to reach. (93)

16) If there were sixteen things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be that he was an irrevocable, unchanging fool unable to learn common sense. (107)

17) If there were seventeen things to dislike about Kaden Chauvet, one would be that there was no person who could resist loving such a fool. (133)