I love you

Music boosted through the windows of a old place as a car pulled to the side. You'd feel it in the ground if you were right outside. As he door opened, A long, brunette stumbled out and flashed a canine as the driver drove off. He sighed and looked around. A old patron. He snuffed.
"She knows what she's doing" Crowley muttered to herself.
"Yo, Diablo! What's up my dude" another guy pulled him into a half hug. The kind of guy hug where you pat one another on the back. Though, even in the dark, he didn't recognize him.
"Not much, got dropped off by a happy customer" He nodded at the car and smirked. Pretend you fucked. He nodded slyly, giving the impression they'd hooked up.
"Oh nice, you in for another round?" The guy asked flirtatiously, eyes glinting with intent. Ugh.
"Ah sorry I've been around all night, I need a good drink and sleep" He replied. It wasn't untrue. Though he didn't remember much of it. Just Kali speaking to him in the car. The guy slapped him lightly on the arm and grinned slyly.
"Lemme know your rate and I might come by tomorrow" The guy said and walked off, whistling a tune as he drunkenly stumbled on. Crowley sighed and leaned back against the brick wall. A flush of that familiarity hit his veins and he felt a voice near his mind.
"Happy customer huh?"
He sighed and nodded. Her voice was a echo within his mind. I was busy with work. Thought you wanted me to do that.
"I wanted you on patrol with Harvey. Not with some customers..."
Gotta do what I gotta do for pay. You get more customers, more drunks happy to waste their life and lie to their wives, he thoughtfully replied. As the magic begin to dissipate he sighs. And happy boss I guess, he thought and begun to walk, hands in his pocket as he whistled. It wasn't like his wings functioned for now. It still seered at his back like a fucking deep cut. He'd drink hadn't it been he had a meeting tonight, he grunted to himself. If he showed up drunk she'd kill him. Or worse.

-

The old cave echoed as rats scurried by. As two shadows appeared, the guards bowed respectfully and unlocked the door. He sighed as he trailed Lucifer up the chair case. Each step echoed softly as they ascended, with each lantern illuminating the stones that paved the way. Lucifer halted, causing him to stop. Lucifer unlocked the knob and let the doorway slide open with a creak, revealing a gently lit hallway with red painted walls and doors littered across each side of it. Chandeliers huh? He thought as he gazed up at them, trailing behind Lucifer. The main door to her office was obvious enough, a large wooden double door with fancy locks. Even Lucifer had respect as she knocked on it twice. A soft voice gently let them open the door and he trailed into the office.
"I see you brought company" Kali spoke, her voice a bit tense but polite enough for Lucifer.
"Wouldn't be a party without friends" Lucifer replied smugly and smiled. That kind of smile. The mutual respect between the two was a oddity. Spite their differences they stood alike on a pedastole. Awaiting.
"I don't think the way we're currently moving is mutually sufficient" Lucifer inquired.
"And what do you propose?" Kali inquired, curious.
"I propose a opportunity for us to work together.. set our differences aside and use the United force to take down a common threat" Lucifer spoke methodically. Strategically. It was a different side he hadn't seen in many years. One of callous intent. Though he knew Kali was smart enough to figure that one out.
"I agree" Kali replied, nodding. He forced down a confused look. Scarlet was out of the picture, so was B team. Kali had lost more then Lucifer had. Hadn't she?
He nibbled on his lip. Had this been her strategy? Forcing Kali to truce because of her lack of power? It was rather odd. He wasn't complaining though. Their language was power differences. Lucifer knew Kali had man-power she missed.
"Lay out your thoughts" Kali spoke, confidently. Her voice methodical, like a professional. Crowley quirked a brow, nibbling on his lip so hard it was throbbing in pain. It didn't feel right. Something didn't feel right. Lucifer's footsteps echoed through the room and it was like every breath was being held under their gaze.
"I'd like to use your A and B team to cooperate with my boys to immobilize and temporarily contain the entity" Lucifer spoke, tapping her finger on the wooden board before her as Kali returned her expressionless stare. Mimi only stayed immobilized for a few seconds to a minute. How were they suppose to contain her?
"I'll allow it. You may use them as you please. Once you have her down, give me a signal and I'll paralyze her mentally" Kali replied with a knowing nod. Her ability, though unknown to the public, was incredibly powerful. If Kali was to fully release her abilities, who knows what'd happen? Yet he pondered why they were so sure about this plan. It was like a game of chess to them. One played. Waited for the other to make their move. Trust wasn't the right word. It felt close to it but rather perhaps respect. Lucifer smirked, her eyes glinting in the reflection of the window behind Kali.
"I'll be waiting" Kali said.