The Knight and Her Prince

Dear Readers,

Hi its ME!!!! :P I just want to say this is my first ever story which I truly hope you enjoy. I love reading your works and I hope ypu enjoy my works. I love you guys so much I hope you enjoy!

The dress is the one Kahlan wore to the hearing at the castle. ================>

 PLEASE.......

VOTE

AND

COMMENT!!! LOVE U ALL TO PIECES!!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

"Well then another failed attempt to kill me isn't that right Hugo?" I grinned down at the fallen warrior. My foot was planted on his heaving chest my forest green dress billowing around his sweat drenched face. "Yes I surrender now get off me you wicked wench!" Hugo grabbed my boot. I lost my balance and then I was standing straight up, my arms pinned behind me, a blade at my throat. I giggled and Hugo let me go. He laughed allowing his smile to reach his sky blue eyes. His blonde hair was soft and was arranged in cute curls aloft his head.  He got down on his knee and grabbed my hand, "My dear lady I bid you goodnight and sweet dreams" he chuckled as I felt the familiar warmth rise to my cheeks as he tenderly kissed my hand. Tucking my long brown hair behind my ear I replied, "And a goodnight to you my knight" he smiled and raced me off the training grounds.

***

I Kahlan Sypheret was to be the first female knight in the all the world. I  was sick and tired of the thought of being a humble farm wife. My father Richard Sypheret was noble knight serving under King Uther. In the battle against kingdom of Warrelen my father lost his life saving the king. I was 5 and heart -rendered. When he died, I spent hours practicing becoming just like him. That was 11 years ago and I still have the dream. I wanted to be a knight and serve the king faithfully.

I lived on a small farm with my mother, a mile away from the village of Korona in the kingdom of Othello where the king's palace stood. Next door lived my best friends. Hugo Ghallingahn lived in a small cottage with his widowed mother next to my farm. Jerome Arando lived on a ranch with his mother and younger sister Allissandra. Growing up with the boys I became tough and strong. I envied both Hugo and Jerome as they were the same as me but THEY were knights serving under the king's son Prince Arthur as his personal knights/hunting buddies/best friends. Hugo and Jerome promised to arrange a meeting with the king to discuss me becoming a knight. My destiny called otherwise.

***

I woke up at dawn. I ran down in my dirty patchwork dress and quickly fed the chickens and the cows. I collected eggs and ran back inside. I ran upstairs and drew my bath. After scrubbing myself clean I slipped into my satin white dress.I braided my waist-length dark brown hair into a french braid. I grabbed my pouch filled with my money and slipped into my boots. I hid two indentical daggers in my boot. I called goodbye to my mother and walked outside.

As soon as I stepped outside I was startled to hear my name being called. "Kahlan!" I looked up to see a grinning Jerome and Hugo. I smiled and walked over to where the were. " Hey boys do you want to accompany me to the market?" I asked politely. Jerome smiled his shaggy brown hair fell into his sea green eyes. I took that as a yes and started to walk down the roadway. We aimlessly chatted. "Kahlan we have some news" they both said their eyes shining. "what?!" I asked, my voice rising with curiosity. "We have asked the king, and he is wiling to speak with you in a months time about your placement as a knight" I looked at them stunned. "THANK YOU!THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!" I shrieked. I hugged them both ferociously and pecked them on the cheeks.

***

I was so excited that I bought a beautiful lavender satin,thread,and some new pins and needles. I planned to make a gorgeous dress for the hearing. For the next few weeks I worked to train and I worked at sewing my dress. The day of the hearing I was drying myself of after my bath. My mother walked into my room and sat on my bed. "sit" I walked over to the bed and sat. My mother helped me into my dress. She took my silver brush and brushed my hair. My mother braided my hair inter winding a beautiful white silk ribbon in-between each plait. She took the coal from the furnace and dusted the residue on my eyelids to make my pale green eyes look almost grey. I was smiling brightly and soon felt something heavy fall on my neck. I looked down and saw the most beautiful sight ever. "You father gave me this when he first told me he loved me." I choked back a sob. She clasped the beautiful necklace around my neck. It was silver loops inter winding each other around a beautiful white stone. I was ready to go. I slipped into my black over-the-knee boots. I carefully slipped in my boots my small twin blades. I tied my heavy black velvet hooded cloak. I kissed my mother goodbye and stepped outside. Hugo and Jerome were waiting with a beautiful midnight black stallion. Her name was Thalia. Jerome Hoisted me up onto the horse. Yes I was a lady, and yes I was wearing a dress. I don't care. I absolutely REFUSED to ride side saddle. I straddled Thalia and bunched up the dress at my mid-thigh. I waited for the boys to get mounted. I took off. The wind was cold and refreshing as it calmed my hyper nerves. I was on my way to meet my fate.

***

We had finally reached the castle gates. Hugo helped me to dismount. I put up my hood as it suddenly became cold. Hugo and Jerome started to walk as I followed them shyly. The gaurds dressed in full armor nodded as we passed by straight into the castle. I was led into the great castle doors. They led me through a long hallway which I presummed was the great hall to the throne room. I was led up to two great ig oak doors. The door was opened. I stepped in.

"The lady Kahlan Sypheret daughter of Sir Richard Sypheret" the Herold announced. I looked up to see a great and powerful man look at me with great curiosity. His short hair was a mix of grey and blonde. He had magical and wise electric blue eyes. On top of his head sat a majestic crown. He sat upon a beautiful ancient throne. Beside this man sat a boy among my age range. He had fascinating pale blue eyes. His hair was shaggy and blonde. His chest was wide and well built. He was strikingly handsome. The boy looked utterly boerd and antsy. I presumed by the similar features, that this was the famous Prince Arthur. I removed my hood allowing my braid to fall over my shoulder. "Your majesties" I curtsied. "You look so much like your dear father" the king rumbled. He flashed a big smile and walked up to me. He took my hand and kissed it softly. I felt a slight flush. "I heard you are longing to become a knight like your father?" he smiled. "Yes sire" I replied to my amazement strongly. "Your answer is yes. You shall begin training here in two days time where you will live for now. You are to train under Arthur and become apart of his reign. Am I clear?" I was completely taken aback. He said YES?! He didn't even put up a fight?! "Yes Sire" I replied completely surprised. "WHAT?!" Arthur roared. The king looked at his son. That shut him up. The king led me outside to Hugo and Jerome. We walked outside to our awaiting horses. The king nudged Arthur. Arthur walked up to me "Goodbye Kahlan" he said gruffly. I was then Hoisted up by Arthur onto Thalia. To Arthur's surprise I straddled Thalia and once again bunched up my dress mid-thigh. "Thank you my lord" I said and rode off with Hugo and Jerome behind me. I was happy and overjoyed. I Kahlan Sypheret was to become a knight.