𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀

REDEMPTION

┏•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┓Chapter Twelve Value Informations ┗•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┛

┏•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┓
Chapter Twelve
Value Informations
┗•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┛

❝I'm the only being close to perfection.❞

IT HAD BEEN A FEW days since Monkey King had left to look for a way to defeat the Lady Bone Demon. During your stay with Mk, some interesting thing happened like the giant dumpling Wukong caused to fall when he got into a 'little fight' with his old friends.

Unfortunately, most of these adventures happened at daytime and you couldn't help during this period. However, those fights and problems didn't occur everyday which made your job easier for you. Also, they didn't involve powerful enemies like Bull King or Macaque. Just those stupid twin demons or other weaker ones, that's all. However and what concerned you was the fact that Mk was learning more things about his powers like using Golden Vision to contact Monkey King. It won't take long before he discovers how to turn into his monkey form.

A muffled hum of annoyance left your lips as you sat alone in the closed room of Mk. The boy had left to do some work while you were in this same room for days. This was annoying to you and just hoped that Wukong had taken you with him. You grabbed the plushie of Monkey King in your hands and looked at it with an unreadable expression. You and Wukong had always stuck together especially in tough times. It made you two get close to each other during this short while. Betraying him like this would be a big backstab to him, but it was for the greater good. You had to do it to fool Lady Bone Demon and get what you wanted from her then dispose of her once and for all.

You were so desperate to get your glory, but not with her around... not in the way she wanted.

Perfection was always promised to you ever since you healed from that deadly disease. You had achieved intelligence, strength, power, and many more things. Demons feared to even mention your name, they feared your very presence. This was something that gave you pride and reputation. So, even your friendship with Wukong would mean nothing to what you would gain after this ordeal is over. You were ready to sacrifice anything as long as your goal is guaranteed to be achieved.

You thoughts were interrupted when your vision turned gold. You were confused for a moment before looked up and saw Wukong smiling at you, "Hey Y/N, did you miss, Peaches?" He greeted you with his usual confident smirk. You put the doll down and stood up, "Hmm." You hummed calmly while tilting your head to the side. Wukong seemed to be happy about something because his smile didn't waver, "I got the solution, Y/N, a way to stop Lady Bone." He told you with excitement.

Now you were paying close attention to these value info.

"It's called the Samadhi Fire. A powerful weapon that no one can fight. Using it will grant us a definite victory!" Wukong enthusiastically told you, but what you can see was more of a relief than excitement. You gave him a thumb up as a way to say 'good job' to him. Monkey King nodded his head, "I just need to look for more information before locating it. It won't take long, I promise you that. By the way, how's Mk? Is he giving you troubles?" He asked you while folding his arms over his chest. You shook your head as an answer and Wukong understood that his student was doing just good. He let out a sigh of relief before chuckling, "That's good to know, I'm glad you two are doing fine." Wukong uttered, scratching the back of his head.

"Alright, I will be back in a few days. Don't miss me too much, okay? Bye!"

With that, Wukong disappeared and your vision returned back to normal. Your eyes squinted slightly, "The Samadhi Fire... This is useful." You thought as your fists clenched tightly. You were pretty sure that Lady Bone would find this information very value.

-TIME SKIP-

It was finally nighttime and you were preparing to leave to meet Lady Bone Demon. Mk still hadn't returned yet to which you thought that he was probably hanging out with his friends.

You were about to approach the window when the door suddenly opened and in walked Mk, "Y/N? You didn't sleep, huh?" The boy asked you as he closed the door behind him. You could sense his distress and exhaustion, it was clear on his face. He went to the bed and sat down, putting his face in his hands. You raised an eyebrow and went to him, sitting beside the boy. Mk felt your hand on his shoulder which made him look at you, "Hmm?" You hummed in a questioning manner.

The young teen sighed and looked away, "I don't know what to tell you, Y/N. I feel a lot of weight on my shoulders now that Monkey King is gone, I feel lost. Do you think he made mistake by choosing me? Did he really pick the wrong successor?" His insecurities were all poured out to you. Mk just trusted you deeply and he knew he can talk to you about his problems. Still though, you had your doubts on who made Mk feel this way. You tilted your head while faking a look of puzzlement, pretending to not understand what made think like this.

"I just met that girl, her name was the Lady Bone Demon. She said that I'm not as strong as Monkey King and that he had picked the wrong successor. This really made second-think everything."

There was a moment of silence between you two. It was the first time you see him show such a vulnerability, it kind of reminded you of how Wukong would act whenever he feels down. You let out another hum to earn his attention then pointed at his heart before clenching your fist tightly. You wanted him to understand that he should believe in himself and have a strong persistence. Mk took a moment to try and guess what you meant and sorta got the general meaning of your kind gesture.

He smiled genuinely and hugged you, "Thanks, Y/N. You're so nice and kind, this means so much to me."

For a moment, you froze when he hugged you. However, you eventually snapped out and slowly raised your arms to hug him back. The same bang of guilt hit you again, but you quickly pushed it back. You didn't want your personal feelings compromise your goal. This has to be done.