Chapter 57 - A Clash of Paths

[Fu Hua's Point of View]

Fu Hua's steps echoed through the silent open field of the Schicksal HQ as she waited for a response on her earpiece. "Overseer Otto, I've arrived at HQ. Awaiting further orders." There was no response.

"No response... What's going on?" she muttered to herself.

Suddenly, her earpiece crackled to life, and Rita's voice came through. "Fu Hua? Rita here. The Overseer has entered the lab and has ordered me to welcome you. I've sent you a location signal. Rendezvous with me there."

"Rita? Why did Otto send her here?" Fu Hua frowned. As she moved forward, Fu Hua noticed a few Honkai Beasts roaming around the area. "It seems that this place is crawling with Honkai Beasts," she observed.

"Kiana... did you summon them?" she muttered as she charged forward, her battlesuit glowing with a violet hue.

Fu Hua swiftly engaged the Honkai Beasts, her movements fluid and precise. With calculated strikes, she targeted their vital points, using a combination of hand-to-hand combat and powerful kicks to incapacitate them one by one.

As the beasts fell under her assault, Fu Hua maintained her focus, "That should be the last one."

"Time to move," Fu Hua muttered to herself, her focus unwavering. Without wasting a moment, she rushed towards the rendezvous point. However, her pace was abruptly halted by the sound of an explosion in the distance.

"...Explosions? Has Rita already arrived?" Fu Hua paused, glancing towards the source of the explosion. "According to the signal, the location is just up ahead."

She changed her course, swiftly making her way towards the explosion. As she arrived, she saw Rita surrounded by Honkai Beasts.

"How bothersome. Time to clean this place up. Master Durandal prefers everything tidy." With a determined stance, Fu Hua sliced through the beasts with ease, each one falling and dissolving into dust.

"...Rita." Fu Hua approached her.

"Welcome back, Master Fu Hua." Rita curtsied. "You handled those Judgement-class Honkai Beasts splendidly. Would you care for a cup of tea?"

"Why are you alone? Where's Captain Durandal?"

"Master Durandal has led a squad to clear out the Honkai Beasts attacking the HQ."

"I'm surprised you weren't with her..."

"I am concerned for Master Durandal's well-being... But this is different. The Overseer tasked me with welcoming you and assisting in your mission."

"That won't be necessary."

"It's my duty, Master Fu Hua. Please understand."

Fu Hua looked into Rita's eyes, sensing something hidden behind her polite demeanor. "...Very well. What's the mission?"

"Theresa-sama and her Anti-Entropy allies have taken Air Terminal 3. The Overseer wants us to calm her down a little."

"Understood." Fu Hua turned away, glancing back at Rita over her shoulder. "On one condition."

Rita met Fu Hua's gaze. "No killing."

"No worries. The Overseer wants Theresa-sama and her team safe as well... and I, too, care for Master Shin's well-being."

"Let's go, then."

"Fighting alongside you is an honor, Master Fu Hua." Rita bowed once more.

Fu Hua nodded and walked forward.

"We can't harm them? Well, it's dangerous to let emotions rule on the battlefield, Master Fu Hua." Rita murmured to herself as she followed.

[Meanwhile... on the other side.]