Falling About, You Took A Left At Last Laugh Lane

I woke up to the sound of screaming thunder outside my window and the drumming of the rain against my window.

The house was quiet except for the sound of the weather that echoed through the house.

I climbed out and got ready for school, the hell hole of my existence. I mean, I do well enough and I skip every once in a while, but I still get on the honor roll. It's not the school work that I hate, it's the people and their bittersweet words and whispers that judge me.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbed my breakfast to go, my backpack and umbrella before heading out the door, the grey sky and rain tearing at the once perfect blue sky.

I walked along the sidewalk, avoiding all puddles as possible as the only music I heard was the beat of the rain against my umbrella and the crashing thunder,the symbols of the earthly song.

I continued walking, getting lost in my thoughts before hitting a wall, or a person. I was sent to the ground, butt first into a puddle.

I dropped my umbrella and looked up to see a young man, with a black umbrella, wearing skeletons gloves, a black hat and matching trenchcoat.

He looked down at me before holding his hand out to me. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you, I wasn't looking where I was going." He apologized as I took his hand and he lifted me up.

I got shivers and goosebumps as I felt the ice cold temperature if his fingers this were wrapped around my hand, fingers that were pale and uncovered by his gloves.

"It's fine. I wasn't watching where I was going either." I said, standing up and peeling off my jacket and wrapping it around my waist in an attempt to hide the water and mud stain on the back of my jeans.

"I'm Frank. Maybe I could buy you a coffee to make up for this incident?"

I took a step back, evaluating the situation. I have to get to school and this random guy is asking to take me out to coffee. No thanks, there's something about him that's off. Maybe it's the paleness and chill of his skin or just his odd politeness.

"No thanks. I have to get to school, I'm kind of running late. Maybe some other time."

"Oh, well I won't keep you. Here." He handed me a card with a number on it. "That's my number. Call me sometime."

"Yeah, sure, maybe." I shoved the card in my pocket. "See you around I guess." I smiled awkwardly at him as I walked around him, pickling up my umbrella and starting to walk away.

"Wait!" He called out, causing me to stop and look at him. "What's you name?"

"Annabelle." I said, turning on my head and walking away.

"Have a nice day, Annabelle!" He said as I walked away and I waved in response.

After that, I practically ran to school, the sound of the thunderstorm greeting me as I walked into the school building. I quickly threw my things into my locker as the bell to start first period and end homeroom echoed through the empty hallways. 

I ran to my first period class, my teacher glaring at me as I sat down next to a familiar face that hid behind messy black hair and doodled in a notebook.

"Your late." He said softly, not looking up from his drawing.

"Shut up, Gerard. Just be happy I'm here today."

He groaned and looked at my jeans, mud stains peeking out from behind my jacket.

"Did you have an accident or did you fall in the mud, Clumsy?"

I pulled at my jacket, attempting to cover the stain.

"Actually, some jerk ran into me on my way here, he's the reason I'm unfortunately covered in mud."

I'm not a jerk, thank you. I heard a very audible voice, it sounded like a whisper.

I shook it off as just a hallucination or a random thought as a result of a lack of sleep.

I'm not a illusion, I'm real, just as real as you.

It wasn't real, it couldn't be. It was just a thought, thoughts aren't real unless you make them. I thought about where I had heard the voice before.

I pulled out my notebook and looked up to see what the lesson was.

But it wasn't a lesson I saw, it was him, the guy that I bumped into, looking at me, a wicked smile on his face.

I gasped and shock, nearly falling out of my chair.

Gerard gave me a look as I sat up and cleared my throat. I quickly picked up my things off the floor and reorganized them.

"What was that about?" Gerard whispered.

"Y-You didn't see him? In the front if the room?" I stammered, still stunned by how the guy was in the classroom.

"See who? Annabelle, there was no one in front if the class. Are you okay?" He said, resting his hand on my arm, causing me to flinch.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired and I guess I'm seeing things as a result." I shook my head, embarrassed by my outburst.

Are we not going to talk about how you just saw me?

I listened to the voice carefully and recognized it as the guy from earlier's. His name was Fred...No, it was Fr...Frank! Frank.

Please leave me alone, Frank. I pleaded in my head.

No thank you, Annabelle. You know too much.

Know to much about what?

Me.